Bellingham's (Graphic But Happy) Transformation

Bellingham's (Graphic But Happy) Transformation

These are before and after photos of Bellingham (nickname "Benny"), who lives with me now. The first three photos were taken the day he arrived. The last three photos were taken about one year later.

He was in very bad shape when he arrived. I don't know how he got that gash on his head. Bad mange and sores. Walked slowly, with difficulty. I soon learned at the clinic that he had been hit by a vehicle at some time in the past and his rear leg bones are all messed up, but too late after the accident for correction or surgery. He was very shut down emotionally.

The key treatments were low dose oral ivermectin for the first 60 days, along with a monthly ivermectin injection and Frontline Plus. The bones are treated until today with a low oral dose of New Zealand green-lipped mussel extract, which I was skeptical of when the doctor first recommended it, but which has been an absolute godsend. Really like a miracle. The bones will always be messed up, but the extract relieves the resulting chronic inflammation. Of course he also immediately got good food and lots of love and care.

Now Benny doesn't just walk at a normal speed. He runs, jumps, and loves to dance. He is the danciest dog I have ever lived with. His eyes and personality changed completely.

Bellingham is a very happy camper today. I'm guessing he is a Yellow Labrador crossed with some sort of white, fluffy Spitz- maybe an American Eskimo or Japanese Spitz.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

^ The last picture is Benny's impersonation of DQ ice cream.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 12-09-2015 at 10:04 PM.

You did a good job with him, he looks great
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh my, those first photos of poor Benny are absolutely horrible, my heart goes out to him. You're truly an angel for helping and loving him and making such an incredible change in his life....kudos, you're a very kind person. He look wonderful in the after photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    These are before and after photos of Bellingham (nickname "Benny"), who lives with me now. The first three photos were taken the day he arrived. The last three photos were taken about one year later.

He was in very bad shape when he arrived. I don't know how he got that gash on his head. Bad mange and sores. Walked slowly, with difficulty. I soon learned at the clinic that he had been hit by a vehicle at some time in the past and his rear leg bones are all messed up, but too late after the accident for correction or surgery. He was very shut down emotionally.

The key treatments were low dose oral ivermectin for the first 60 days, along with a monthly ivermectin injection and Frontline Plus. The bones are treated until today with a low oral dose of New Zealand green-lipped muscle extract, which I was skeptical of when the doctor first recommended it, but which has been an absolute godsend. Really like a miracle. The bones will always be messed up, but the extract relieves the resulting chronic inflammation. Of course he also immediately got good food and lots of love and care.

Now Benny doesn't just walk at a normal speed. He runs, jumps, and loves to dance. He is the danciest dog I have ever lived with. His eyes and personality changed completely.

Bellingham is a very happy camper today. I'm guessing he is a Yellow Labrador crossed with some sort of white, fluffy Spitz- maybe an American Eskimo or Japanese Spitz.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

^ The last picture is Benny's impersonation of DQ ice cream.
    I was horrified when I saw this first photo! I am so heart broke that poor Benny had such a horrific life! But to see that you have been his rescuer and savior is a wonderful joy to see how he was transformed! Thank you

Oh my gosh...those 1st few photos are so sad to see but the last few show a totally different dog. LOVE his name "Bellingham, nickname "Benny" and you are wonderful for turning things around and showing him a happy life. You are both lucky to have each other. Welcome to the forum

I'm so glad he was takin care of!
    I love pets and I love Silky!

What a change! So glad you helped him DF!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.