Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Family member neglects dog

Hearing about this dog just is so upsetting to me. My heart breaks for her. It just sounds like she's not going to get help and will end up biting your aunt or uncle if they try to groom her themselves. I have no faith in them and I can't believe the authorities didn't remove this poor dog from them. Sorry if I sound harsh but I'm just frustrated that this is how a dog's life ends...very sad.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

It is very upsetting. I can't believe they didn't do more. I was told that they inspected her and that was it. She has no vet records and has never been registered and I stated that when I called. I'm shocked that they didn't ask for that information when the showed up? I don't know what else to do. If nothing happens when they come back in the 2 weeks then I could try calling again. I'm trying to do this anonymously because I do not want cause trouble in the family. They live in an apartment so that was a good cover, they suspect someone from the building called.

Please do give up for the sake of the dog, as mentioned in an earlier post, maybe you can alert a different organization to address the abuse. Not sure where you're located. http://www.petfriendly.ca/links/humane.php

Good idea Alpha. You think someone would care and help this dog. I hope it works out.

When you call these places and get no results you need to call back and make it non negotiable. Tell them in no uncertain terms to do something or you will go over their head and start complaining until someone does something. Its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, keep squeaking!
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

like they are all telling you Do Not Give Up!! Keep calling!

I have called back. Hopefully when the agent goes back to do the check-in they will bring up the issues this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Except for the guilty conscience that haunts forever.
    It is kind of like being just as guilty because you know.

Just another update. Animal Control has done absolutely nothing, even with my second call. The agent never even came back to make sure the dog was actually groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacat View Post
    Just another update. Animal Control has done absolutely nothing, even with my second call. The agent never even came back to make sure the dog was actually groomed.
    And they wonder why dogs go on suffering!!! You know what? CALL THE COPS! THEY WILL HELP YOU GET SOMETHING DONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacat View Post
    Thanks. Grr, so frustrating.

If I would you I would have taken this dog from the very beginning and worked at rehabilitating this poor thing trying to make what's left of his life as happy as I could...but that's how I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    If I would you I would have taken this dog from the very beginning and worked at rehabilitating this poor thing trying to make what's left of his life as happy as I could...but that's how I am.
    I agree Esme

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I can't just really "take" the dog. My aunt is home all day, every single day. That would also be stealing, then I would be getting in trouble... not them.

I'm thinking of calling Animal Control one last time and putting my foot down. If that doesn't work I will look at other options. I don't think the police will do anything other than direct me to Animal Control but I don't know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.