Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Family member neglects dog

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacat View Post
    I'm thinking of calling Animal Control one last time and putting my foot down. If that doesn't work I will look at other options. I don't think the police will do anything other than direct me to Animal Control but I don't know.
    Well you need to sit down with your Aunt and tell her straight up about the abuse she is doing to the dog and tell her she can be fined if she don't start taking care of it. And it is a law they need rabie shots ... the others are not too important if the dog is older now, it sounds like it needs his fur shaved off if it is so badly knotted and if it is so badly tangled it is painful to that dog!!!!! His /her skin has got to be a mess and it is so painful. You need to call the authorities and let them help you! Or tell the Aunt you are taking the dog period because of it health. You have to keep trying , not make one or two calls to Animal Control. You have to call the Humane Society and be extremely clear and bold to tell them this dogs health is very bad and they are not caring to take it to the Vet or any other help. But you tell your Aunt you will take it to get it help. That is the humane thing to do! That is all I can tell you anymore , you just have to act for the dogs sake! It is in pain and suffering for heaven sake HELP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemylittleboy View Post
    Well you need to sit down with your Aunt and tell her straight up about the abuse she is doing to the dog and tell her she can be fined if she don't start taking care of it. And it is a law they need rabie shots ... the others are not too important if the dog is older now, it sounds like it needs his fur shaved off if it is so badly knotted and if it is so badly tangled it is painful to that dog!!!!! His /her skin has got to be a mess and it is so painful. You need to call the authorities and let them help you! Or tell the Aunt you are taking the dog period because of it health. You have to keep trying , not make one or two calls to Animal Control. You have to call the Humane Society and be extremely clear and bold to tell them this dogs health is very bad and they are not caring to take it to the Vet or any other help. But you tell your Aunt you will take it to get it help. That is the humane thing to do! That is all I can tell you anymore , you just have to act for the dogs sake! It is in pain and suffering for heaven sake HELP IT!
    To me it seems that you're implying that I am not trying to help out the dog. Might I add that I am the reason this dog has been properly groomed. I will address a few things.

1. Although nobody has had a formal sit down with them, there have been comments made about her health. Everything has been ignored/or brushed under the rug with "Oh, I know." (I will also add that I am not opposed to having a talk with them)

2. They followed through with orders and have had her groomed.

3. I am a college student and I cannot afford to pay vet bills for an additional animal. BELIEVE ME when I say that I wish I could!!

4. When I called Animal Control I had basically written up a speech, and recited to the operator a list everything... absolutely EVERYTHING about the dog and the way they have treated it. I had complete faith that they would get this dog the help she needed. When I found out they did nothing I was heartbroken and I thought maybe it was just a fluke and some information didn't read the agent that responded to the call. But when I made that second call to emphasize on the things they "missed", they still never did anything... they never even came back to make sure she was groomed. That's why I am going to be calling a third time, and putting my foot down, like I said in an earlier post. It is not my fault that Animal Control have done nothing, and you assume that I will stop trying/haven't been trying. I have never faced a situation like this and thought Animal Control was the most suitable option. If this third call leads to nothing, I will not stop there. I have some other plans.

For my families sake I have tried to stay anonymous in this, because it will further break my family apart. I also stated that I would break my anonymity if I had to, to get that dog help.

So please do not imply that I am not trying to help this dog.

agree with many of the comments, make it clear to your aunt and uncle that if they do not start caring for the dog then you will be taking action and calling the rspca. its cruel and heartless to mistreat a dog like this, if im honest i think i would have already called the rspca, your aunt and uncle know that they are mistreating the poor thing but if they do not care enough to sort it then they shouldnt be allowed pets

To me it seems that you're implying that I am not trying to help out the dog. Might I add that I am the reason this dog has been properly groomed. I will address a few things.

1. Although nobody has had a formal sit down with them, there have been comments made about her health. Everything has been ignored/or brushed under the rug with "Oh, I know." (I will also add that I am not opposed to having a talk with them)

3. I am a college student and I cannot afford to pay vet bills for an additional animal. BELIEVE ME when I say that I wish I could!!

4. When I called Animal Control I had basically written up a speech, and recited to the operator a list everything... absolutely EVERYTHING about the dog and the way they have treated it. I had complete faith that they would get this dog the help she needed. When I found out they did nothing I was heartbroken and I thought maybe it was just a fluke and some information didn't read the agent that responded to the call. But when I made that second call to emphasize on the things they "missed", they still never did anything... they never even came back to make sure she was groomed. That's why I am going to be calling a third time, and putting my foot down, like I said in an earlier post. It is not my fault that Animal Control have done nothing, and you assume that I will stop trying/haven't been trying. I have never faced a situation like this and thought Animal Control was the most suitable option. If this third call leads to nothing, I will not stop there. I have some other plans.

For my families sake I have tried to stay anonymous in this, because it will further break my family apart. I also stated that I would break my anonymity if I had to, to get that dog help.

also i believe you are doing everything in your power to help this dog, unfortunately animal control can be useless, but on behalf of all pet lovers id like to say thankyou for caring enough to do something about this horrible situation

Ok Listen, This is just very frustrating to all of us. We are all in agreement you are trying to help the dog. I understand your position of being in school and not being able to afford to have the dog. Is there any rescues in your area you can call? They usually will help quickly. Even if they have to travel to get the dog.
    I would try a rescue before animal control because I am not sure animal control will help do the right thing. I don't know.
    I didn't mean to upset you either...but when you described the condition of the dog and how he /she nipped you when you watched it ...it is because of pain and she needs help.
    Alpha gave you an address , have you checked it out? Linda has given advice and Esme also. We are just trying to give you suggestions. Have you checked with any class mates, that they may know someone to help? Or would want the dog? None of us want to make you feel bad TRUST ME WE DO NOT! We are just very concerned about this elderly dog as much as you. But try some rescues if you haven't already. I don't remember you saying they did get her groomed. SO I am sorry I stated if she had tangles that bad she would bite because of the pain they cause... and they do so badly. It is like someone pulling your hair all day long and you are trying to walk and sleep etc....
    Just let us know please if anyone comes through for you. Linda and I both said said to call the cops. That will get help quicker than animal control. But a rescue will be of help as well
    Last edited by lovemylittleboy; 02-25-2016 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by celiasanimals View Post
    agree with many of the comments, make it clear to your aunt and uncle that if they do not start caring for the dog then you will be taking action and calling the rspca. its cruel and heartless to mistreat a dog like this, if im honest i think i would have already called the rspca, your aunt and uncle know that they are mistreating the poor thing but if they do not care enough to sort it then they shouldnt be allowed pets
    I have called the SPCA. They are the ones who give you the number for Animal Control.

Are you able to do the stuff your self or take it somewhere. If not maybe offering them assistance might encourage them to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpoint labradoodle View Post
    Are you able to do the stuff your self or take it somewhere. If not maybe offering them assistance might encourage them to do something.
    Good idea Sandpoint... offer them help to get it done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.