Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Training Going Well

Training Going Well

we only think we are training them, in reality they train us
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That is about right. lol !!
    I have a question. Jax was eating fine out of his bowl and now he won't. If I put it in my hand he will eat or on the floor .... but he won't take it out of the bowl anymore as of a couple days ago. He plays and seems fine in every other respect.... what the heck? Any ideas?

put the food in the bowl and put it down, leave it down for say 15 minutes and if he doesn't eat pick it up and give him nothing until the next meal. He won't starve himself, when he get hungry he'll eat.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Strange that Jax wouldn't eat out of his bowl all of a sudden. Maybe it's just an anomaly and Linda has an idea. Is Josie eating okay?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Yes Josie is fine with hers. They have the same kind of dish

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    put the food in the bowl and put it down, leave it down for say 15 minutes and if he doesn't eat pick it up and give him nothing until the next meal. He won't starve himself, when he get hungry he'll eat.
    I was going to do that Linda but he wanted to eat so bad. It is just so stupid. If I put some food in my hand and hold it at the bottom of the bowl he will eat it... take my hand away and tell him good boy and eat he will look at it and back away. He keeps eating bark off the tree , I hope it don't have anything to do with it. Little goof. I can't stop him either. Unless I cut the whole tree down. lol lol UGH. Maybe I will pick it up tomorrow if he acts stupid. I know he won't starve himself.

don't give in to him, he won't starve himself, when he gets hungry enough he will eat. If he eats with your hand it in you know he knows how so he's just playing you, if he misses a couple of meals he'll get the idea that that bowl is for eating and he'll eat

you aren't feeding him out of a plastic bowl are you? Plastic will give him pimples around his mouth, seeing he likes wood give him a wooden bowl, but if its stainless steal or glass he can learn to eat out of it

Good point about the plastic feeding/drinking bowls. After my husband read a few things about plastic dishes that are potentially harmful for pets we switched to stainless steel and ceramic. Of course they would eat off anything but I want to make sure it's safe.

you aren't feeding him out of a plastic bowl are you? Plastic will give him pimples around his mouth, seeing he likes wood give him a wooden bowl, but if its stainless steal or glass he can learn to eat out of it
    No I have stainless steel for them. He just started this stuff...the little worm, but he will go out and peel the bark off the trees!

don't give in to him, he won't starve himself, when he gets hungry enough he will eat. If he eats with your hand it in you know he knows how so he's just playing you, if he misses a couple of meals he'll get the idea that that bowl is for eating and he'll eat
    I guess I will do that with his supper tonight. I haven't a clue as to why he would be afraid of it all the sudden

who knows why they do what they do, it just is. He'll get over it, puppy phase thing I guess.

Maybe eating that bark off the tree is filling him up? Keep us posted though.

I love when the dog trains the human.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.