Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

So depressed, I didn't see this coming

So depressed, I didn't see this coming

my youngest daughter, the hospice nurse, just got the worst news that's possible. I'm am so devastated I can't even think straight. She is 30 years old, I always knew she'd never die of old age but I thought I'd have more time with her. She's had ulcerative colitis for about ten years, had three major surgeries and a hysterectomy, last week she started not feeling good again, went to the dr. they ran all kinds of tests, the tests came back colon and intentineal cancer. Only a 40% chance of surviving surgery and if she does survive the surgery the outcome may still not be good, depends on if and where its spread to. I am so upset. The last thing she said to me was "I love you mom" but I may have to go. I am so depressed, this is something I can't fix. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children, supposed to be the children burying parents.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh Linda I am just so truly sorry to hear that....it's so devastating beyond words. Can she go someone else for a second opinion? I've heard good things about Sloan Kettering. I know it seems bleak but please know that I'm hear for you my friend.

she's had three different doctors, now she has to meet with the surgeon and the surgery is scheduled for Mar 8. I'm just heartbroken, she's asked me to take her dog when she's gone.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That really is not fair. Wasn't she the gal the patient fell on? Now this. I thought maybe if she got another opinion but still. I'm so sorry.

yes, she's the one, she's had stomach issues for ten years, between surgeries and medication the colitis was fairly managed. When she first went to the dr. last week they said they were going to operate and reroute more of the intestines and bowel, then they did an ultrasound and found the mass, they did a ct scan and thats when they said cancer and it seems already to have spread. I have very little hope for her. And I don't believe in life after death so I don't even have the hope of ever being with her again, once she's gone, she's gone forever She also had to have a hysterectomy when she was 25

This is Penny with Nala, her boxer, taken at halloween

That's a lovely photo and she is a lovely lady. She has gone through so much and it's such a shame that this is happening.

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. She's a beautiful young woman, I can only hope she survives the surgery and he condition improves. Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way...hugs, my friend.

Oh Linda I am so sorry!!! This is terrible news. Will she try the Cancer Treatment Centers of America? I would ..... And Cabanas Oil Extract!! I hope you are believers in the Lord. We can trust Him and leave all things in His Hands. Why do they give her such a bad percentage? You know my mom had a ruptured aorta and she was not suppose to make it thought the night. She did. Then they said she only had a 10% chance of living many days. Well the Lord gave us 2 more years with her. She had very bad health. Heart , and everything else was against her , but she lived. And the Drs called her the "Miracle on the Second Floor"! Sometimes you cannnot listen to numbers drs give you! If it is ok with you I will pray for her and you

For several years she dated a dr. off and on. She called him this afternoon and he is going to get a copy of her records and sent it to a dr. friend of his at the cancer treatment center and see what he says. If necessary he will fly her down there and even go with her until she is well enough to come home and be taken care of by a cancer dr. here. That's assuming she lives through the surgery. I'm trying to think positive but I'm having a really hard time dealing with this.

thanks to all of you for your encouragement and prayers. I will keep you posted

She is a beautiful girl and a beautiful boxer. Linda she will be ok..... don't let negative thoughts take over.
    My cousin also has the ulcerative Colitis she has been living with for many years. You can never give up never and either can she. Heaven is real Linda and so is Hell , choose to believe in the One who can help . And when you do if things go bad for her you remember ,,, you will see her again.

A picture from last summer, she looks so happy there

Sending positive thoughts to your lovely daughter.

Dr. Stephen faxed her records to his dr. friend in the cancer center, just waiting to see what he has to say

Sounds hopeful Linda, good luck.

Very difficult times. Wishing you strength and peace.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.