Add a profile pick

Add a profile pick

I hope this is the right place to post this. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to put my dog up as my profile picture. Can do it on Facebook, just not sure about here. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum I added mine after I logged in I went to Settings at the top right and the went to My Settings on the left hand side and then clicked on Edit Avatar. Then I uploaded a picture from my desktop. I hope this helps.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Esme! Cindi, hope this helps.

Click on "Settings" at the top of the forum page. Under "My Settings" (left side), click on "Edit Profile Picture", browse computer, open and upload picture, "save changes".

PS: avatar is the photo that shows in your posts, follow above instructions, but click on "Edit Avatar"

Welcome to the Form Cindi!

Oh gawd. Thanks Esme and Alpha1! I was looking in "my profile". So much easier under the right tab. Lol. I'll put it up when I get home tonight.

Hey I'm not really very technically inclined so I hope it works out for you.

Woohoo. Looks like it worked. Enough for one day, maybe tomorrow I'll find out how lovemylittleboy put up those adorable pet gifs.

Absolutely adorable Cindi!

YAY...that is a cute avatar

Thanks, both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi View Post
    Woohoo. Looks like it worked. Enough for one day, maybe tomorrow I'll find out how lovemylittleboy put up those adorable pet gifs.
    What a cute picture!!!! Awe!!! The gif are easy Cindi..just got the Smilie above click and where it says more click on it and scroll down till you see the icons There are many there!
    Easy Peezy !

Holy! There's a bunch. Thanks for much, lovemylittleboy!

Your dog is so cute! When shrunk down, it looks like something is on his head. Now I see it's his ears! lol

You are much welcome Cindi! You mean my Avatar? That was my boy, my heart, , my little boy passed last year Jan. 9 I miss him so. But we have two new puppies now which I wasn't ready for they are here and keeping mighty busy ! But thank you for your compliment! He sure was a cutie

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Welcome to the forum I added mine after I logged in I went to Settings at the top right and the went to My Settings on the left hand side and then clicked on Edit Avatar. Then I uploaded a picture from my desktop. I hope this helps.
    I did the same thing and got an "Upload failed" message. It says the picture must be 100x100 pixels. I don't know anything about making images that small.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

I don't think it has to be that small, my avatar was from a photo in one of my albums here. If you have image editing software on your computer, just go to "Edit" and then "Resize", you should be able to choose your pixel size or a percentage of the photo that you want it to be, then save the changes. I usually copy any photos that I want to shrink down into a Briefcase folder on my desktop. That way I keep the huge photos in my Pictures folder, and upload the smaller ones from my Briefcase.

Here's some tips on posting photos in your posts and making an album, and it discusses sizes. If you don't have software, you can upload it to an online link in the second post, resize it there, save it back to your computer.....then upload it from there. Good luck. http://www.petforums.com/showthread....r-Create-Album

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.