Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My New Puppy

Thank you Esme! He really likes the joint chews. I don't mind people expressing their opinions to me at all. But, I felt like I was being attacked linda2147. He still isn't using the leg, but he was getting very anxious being cooped up all day, so my husband and I took him out to meet the ducks while we held him (we have Ameraucana Chickens, Ancona Ducks and Black Turkeys).

I just don't feel like it's fair to attack me because I choose to feed Nutro instead of raw meat (there is no way I can handle it without becoming physically ill and my husband, who is a raw vegan, refuses to even handle dog and cat food with meat in it).
    Last edited by randler89; 03-20-2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: grammar

I never once said I was going to feed Hill's or Purina. But, for the last time, the subject of feeding raw meat is completely off the table!

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I never said she should feed raw, all I said was vets are not trained in nutrition and Hills and Purina is not good food. Raw is not for everyone, I just said I feed raw and never had any issue with it.
    I was at a vet office when my dog was sick and the vet that owned the office was trying to get me to buy some of their dog food 'Hill' another vet took me aside and told me all the pet food there is no good !! I was surprise the vet said this to me b/c if her boss heard her I don't think he would had been too happy ! I my last dog and the one I have now don't like the dog foods from vet offices ,
    I knew poodles are smart dogs !

that was not an attack, I don't care what you feed your dog. I was just saying hills and purina is not a good food, you don't have to take my word for it, check it out for yourself. Not to worry, I won't give you any advice again. Not an attack, a fact
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by randler89 View Post
    I brought home my new puppy today! He is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. I've named him Charlie. He is a gorgeous blue merle. He is the best pup in the whole world. The breeder said he should be around 35-pounds when he is fully grown. He is 7-weeks-old and the cutest little baby I've ever had. The breeder feeds Nutro and gave me a small bag of Nutro Wild Frontier Rolling Meadows Recipe Grain-Free. Is this a good food? I assume she wouldn't feed it if it wasn't. Charlie really seems to like it and it's what he was weaned onto. I've got him a cute little blue collar and he has a favorite toy (a rope with two tennis balls on it). He spent a long time playing with it today. He's met my 1-year-old Cocker Spaniel, Georgette and my Abyssinian, Choppie. I'm concerned that he chased Choppie. But, he is getting along really well with Georgette. They seem to be the best of friends. She even watches over him. He's getting used to his new crate, too. He is even sleeping in it right now! I ended up having to give him a bath today, as he did a wee in the kitchen and slipped in it (silly puppy). But, he is all dry and warm and in his crate. Him and Georgette spent a lot of time chewing on bones and playing with toys and then resting on the porch. But, Charlie decided the dog bed was a chew toy!

Well, I'm off to see if Charlie needs to go potty!
    You should keep an eye on the rope toy and made sure your puppy isn't pulling and pieces of rope of , he could choke on it. I won't let him play it unsupervised .

In all fairness, Linda did not say anything hostile. Everyone has views based on their experience. Please breathe everyone. It's what separates us from... that other, war-zone-of-a-forum. Please let us not ever become like them.

I'm sorry, I'm leaving this forum. Linda is very hostile and attacking me. Goodbye.

Oh please don't do that...this forum is supposed to be a place to exchange ideas and answers, offer support for each other. It's sad that people come across in a bad light and sound harsh. Losing you or other members should not happen. Please reconsider.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Congratulations on your new puppy, very cute! I feed my cat Blue Buffalo dry food and my puppy is getting grain-free food I buy from Costco, Nature's Domain, he was getting their Kirkland puppy food. I mix the dry with canned foods like Canidae puppy, Avoderm puppy, etc.

I don't feed raw either, but agree that Hills Science Diet and Purina are not very good brands to feed, but my vet has pushed the Hills in the past, they sell it in the office. Hope Charlie's leg is okay and it was just a temporary strain. Please keep us posted on how he's doing, good luck and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations you

Quote Originally Posted by randler89 View Post
    I brought home my new puppy today! He is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. I've named him Charlie. He is a gorgeous blue merle. He is the best pup in the whole world. The breeder said he should be around 35-pounds when he is fully grown. He is 7-weeks-old and the cutest little baby I've ever had. The breeder feeds Nutro and gave me a small bag of Nutro Wild Frontier Rolling Meadows Recipe Grain-Free. Is this a good food? I assume she wouldn't feed it if it wasn't. Charlie really seems to like it and it's what he was weaned onto. I've got him a cute little blue collar and he has a favorite toy (a rope with two tennis balls on it). He spent a long time playing with it today. He's met my 1-year-old Cocker Spaniel, Georgette and my Abyssinian, Choppie. I'm concerned that he chased Choppie. But, he is getting along really well with Georgette. They seem to be the best of friends. She even watches over him. He's getting used to his new crate, too. He is even sleeping in it right now! I ended up having to give him a bath today, as he did a wee in the kitchen and slipped in it (silly puppy). But, he is all dry and warm and in his crate. Him and Georgette spent a lot of time chewing on bones and playing with toys and then resting on the porch. But, Charlie decided the dog bed was a chew toy!

Well, I'm off to see if Charlie needs to go potty!
    Congratulations you have a new puppy. I am happy to see its image or a video of it playing, You can share it

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.