Loss of my much loved girl

Loss of my much loved girl

Very sadly we lost our girl, which has been devastating for us all.

My young lad is finding it hard to cope, although he's very much a mommy's boy, he misses her very much particularly when I have to leave him. Having had both my dogs from eight weeks of age, there was a five year gap, consequently he has never been without her.

He gets himself in such a pickle and extremely stressed. I have kept him to his usual routine and also tried the Adaptil plug in, which has had no effect on him.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how I can make him feel better.

When one of my two dogs passed away a couple years ago, my remaining dog and I only lasted about a two weeks. She would stare at me. I would stare at her.

When the obvious became undeniable, we promptly adopted a new homeless dog.

The story continues in a new chapter.

Very sorry for your loss.

I am sorry to hear that and it is such a heartbreak. I would agree with Dog Force One and go over to a local shelter to adopt a homeless pet. I don't mean that as a replacement for your dog that passed but as a new addition for your family. You'll still cherish those memories and she will live in your heart forever. Hopefully adopting another will help you all through the grieving process. Please keep us posted and once again I'm sorry for your loss.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I'm sorry you lost your dog, it happens to all of us dog lovers and owners and its never easy. I suggest you get another dog for your remaining dog. In the beginning she may not like the new one but she will come around and probably quicker than you think. If you do decide to get another introduce them to each other slowly, Put the new one in a wire crate, not a plastic one thats all closed in, you want the wire crate so the new dog can look around and get used to the other dog and the new surroundings. When you feel the time is right let it out of the crate but keep it leashed to you, just in case of a conflict. She will know its not the same dog, but she may be more than willing to accept a new play mate. Good luck with whatever you decide. Make it easy on yourself and get one the opposite sex. Nothing fights like two females so if you have a girl get a boy
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Very sad for your loss, my heartfelt sympathy....hugs. We've been in the same situation where our dogs had a very close bond, and when one died, the other became very melancholy with grief. As already suggested, a new family pet helped heal all hearts, ours and the dogs. I agree the opposite sex is best recommended.

Thank you everybody, I'll give a trip to the local animal shelter a go.

Thank you everybody. My girl did not have the best of health, I had very good veterinary care, coupled with the bravest dog I've known, we knew her issues could not be fixed permanently, but I knew if I could keep her tail wagging and give her the best quality of life. she was 11 which was truly remarkable. Having to make the decision to let her go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I think you maybe right on us getting another addition for our lad may well be what we will do, but at the moment it is too soon for me.

You're wise to take your time, these decisions are very personal for everyone when it comes to welcoming another pet into a home when there's been a loss. Hugs.

you will know when the time is right, you don't have to rush into anything. When the right one comes along there will be no doubt in your mind. And quite possibly your old girl will have a paw in when and what to adopt.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I am so sorry. When my Ruffie passed, I never thought I would ever have another dog.

Bless you, honey.

6435957_orig.jpg
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

It is a personal decision to get another pet after one passes away. I used to feel like I was betraying their memory until I realized that they will always live in my heart and I will never forget them...plus I will save a life by adopting another. You will know when you're ready.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thank you Alpha1, linda2147, Saav and Esme.

I am thinking about showing him again, something he very much enjoyed as a puppy.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.