Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kristen Lindsey cat killer's own words about the cat killing

Kristen Lindsey cat killer's own words about the cat killing

KRISTEN LINDSEY, IN HER OWN WORDS: A HISTORY OF ANIMAL CRUELTY?
    Commentary by Tiger's Justice Team

Tiger's supporters are all too familiar with the comment that accompanied Kristen Lindsey's gruesome Facebook photo:

“My first bow kill [cat emoticon] lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it’s [sic] head! Vet of the year award... gladly accepted [crying/laughing emoticon]”
    Some people have advocated leniency for Kristen Lindsey. After all, she's just starting out in her profession, and has her whole career ahead of her. She even claims that her boss/landlord instructed her to kill Tiger. Sure, she exercised poor judgment, but who among us hasn't made a blunder at one time or another? Isn't everybody entitled to one mistake?

Let us be clear: Tiger's death was not a mistake. People regret mistakes. Lindsey has displayed no remorse, even boasting about her “good shot” at her license revocation hearing. Furthermore, Lindsey has publicly stated or implied her love of killing domestic animals on more than one occasion.

In addition to the highly publicized Facebook photo and comments, Lindsey’s blog, “Life Writings from the Lazy Boot” indicates that Tiger’s killing was not an isolated incident:
    “Current interests: Living my days to the fullest, finding the meaning of happiness, killing things or trying to kill things (animals, a full glass of whiskey, hangovers, etc.) . . .” (Source: http://wyogirl-kristenlindsey.blogspot.com/ )

Another Facebook post exists in which Lindsey actually encouraged another person to shoot a cat with a bow and arrow. On September 4, 2011, Lindsey's Facebook friend David Bernard wrote the following comment:

“I am sick and tired of stepping in cat shit when i mow the lawn and i don’t even own a F@%&$ing cat!!! Next cat i see better hope that i don’t have my bow out!!”
    Lindsey’s response to Bernard was:

“Do it! Hahahaha. This made me laugh out loud.” (Source: publicly posted Facebook screenshots)
    Additionally, there are reports of a letter written to Austin County DA Travis Koehn by a cousin of Lindsey, which describes the disregard Lindsey feels toward animals, and her prior acts of cruelty. In a Facebook post, James Hemphill stated:

“I know Kristen Lindsey’s cousin and she told me that Kristen has a drinking and drug problem and often goes on rampages killing birds, rabbits and squirrels. She supposedly has a ‘bone collection’ of all the animals she has killed. She became a vet because she likes to “see their insides.” The woman is sick and should NOT be working around animals.” (Source: publicly posted Facebook screenshots)
    In a separate Facebook post, Mr. Hemphill wrote:

“The cousin sent a letter explaining all of this to the Austin [County] DA, and he said that because the killings and bone collection were all in Kristen Lindsey’s native Wyoming that it had no bearing on the case. Ridiculous!” (Source: publicly posted Facebook screenshots)
    Ridiculous, indeed. The alleged letter was presumably dismissed by Koehn because the acts of cruelty occurred in Wyoming, placing them outside his jurisdiction. Yet ironically, Koehn cited Wyoming law in the disreputable press release issued immediately after his Grand Jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal cruelty charges. Koehn wrote:

“ln some jurisdictions of the United States, hunting stray cats is expressly permitted. In the state of Wyoming, for example, citizens are permitted to hunt stray cats all year with very little restriction. [W.S. 23-1-101(a XviiiXA); W.S. 23-3-103].” (Source: pdf file of Koehn's statement, downloadable here:http://media.graytvinc.com/doc…/GRAND+JURY+PRESS+RELEASE.pdf )
    This apparent cherry-picking of evidence will come as no surprise to those who followed Koehn's anemic “investigation” into the criminal matter, in which he seemed to bend over backward to exonerate Lindsey.

Finally, we are unable to forget the text messages Lindsey sent to her employer shortly after Tiger's death:
    "Well.. made my first bow kill and got rid of the tomcat tonight” followed by:
    "I'm sure you may know but I think I'm in deep shit. I did something VERY stupid and posted something on Facebook about that cat. I'm not sorry about killing a feral cat. I won't apologize for it. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that picture, but it's who I am.”

“I'M NOT SORRY. . .” As Lindsey wrote, it's who she is. Not only has Kristen Lindsey engaged in cruelty to animals herself, she has encouraged others to follow suit. Lindsey's public Facebook posts, text messages, and blog display long-term brutal disregard for animals, and she appears to enjoy associating with like-minded people. Tiger's death was neither a mistake nor an isolated incident. When Lindsey took Tiger's life, it may have been her “first bow kill, lol” but this only raises the question: how many other companion animals has she slaughtered, and what methods did she employ?
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I read the first sentence and couldn't read another word!!! She lost her license didn't she?

not yet, she's still fighting it, says she's been punished enough. Her punishment is just starting, no one in their right mind would have her for a vet, even if she looses her license in Texas she could still get another in another state. I"d like to see her with an arrow sticking out of her body and see how she likes it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Amen to that !

She disgusts me.

in one of her blogs (now taken down) she admits she enjoys killing animals and the only reason she became a vet was because she liked to see their insides. She is one sick puppy.

Amazing, I wouldn't want her near my pets or even in my neighborhood.

she should get the death penalty, what she's done is unforgivable

Nobody will get the death penalty for killing an animal, they rarely even get it for killing people.

unfortunately, she is a serial killer even if it is animals. Giving her a second chance would be like giving her more arrows to finish what she started.

Vile, disgusting excuse for a human. I really hope she gets what she deserves for that.

Justice for tigger

SOAH JUDGES RECOMMEND SANCTIONS IN LINDSEY LICENSING CASE
    Case Update and Commentary from Tiger's Justice Team

Tiger's supporters have eagerly awaited the outcome of Kristen Lindsey's SOAH disciplinary hearing. Another milestone has been reached with the issuance of a 60 page Proposal for Decision (PFD) by the judges. Here are some of the Court's conclusions:
    1. The cat killed by Lindsey was, in fact, Tiger, not a feral cat.
    2. Lindsey acted recklessly by killing Tiger without his owners' effective consent.
    3. Shooting feral cats with a bow and arrow is not a “generally accepted and otherwise lawful” method of wildlife management. The judges added, “Ultimately, the appropriate manner of killing a feral cat is beside the point, because the cat killed was Tiger, an owned cat.”
    4. The judges also stated that “. . . Respondent's conduct was connected to veterinary medicine and performed under the guise of the practice of veterinary medicine.”
    Lindsey was found guilty of a Class B violation. (Class C is the least serious and Class A is the most serious.) The PFD recommends a 5 year license suspension and 100 hours of community service, among other things. Here is a portion of the judges' conclusion:
    "The Board should issue a five-year suspension of Respondent’s license, with four years fully probated, and the entire period subject to quarterly reporting requirements; require Respondent to complete continuing education hours in the areas of veterinary jurisprudence and animal welfare (and/or such other subjects as the Board sees fit); and impose a community service requirement of at least 100 hours of volunteering time at a feline rescue, free spay/neuter clinic, or similar facility."
    THE PFD IS A RECOMMENDATION ONLY, AND DOES NOT SIGNAL THE END OF THE CASE. Both parties now have 15 days to file Exceptions to the SOAH Proposal for Decision. Upon review, the judges may choose to modify the PFD before final submission to the vet board, after which “The Board will issue a final order containing the findings and conclusions and assessing sanctions, if indicated.” (The previous statement is from the TBVME’s pamphlet “How the Board Handles Complaints against Veterinarians.”)
    Although the PFD falls short of our expectations, we are heartened by the thorough attention the judges have given this case. We are thankful that they affirmed Dr. Folger’s testimony that the cat was in fact Tiger, something Lindsey has denied all along. We believe the court is overly charitable to Lindsey in its estimation that she can change her cruel behavior and hateful treatment of cats, and we find it inappropriate to recommend that Lindsey perform community service at a feline rescue, spay/neuter clinic, or similar setting.
    However, the most important point is that the court takes this case very seriously, and holds Lindsey unquestionably accountable for her actions. The judges can only go on the evidence presented in order to make a decision, and while we don't entirely concur with their recommendations, they did a thorough job.
    We are also encouraged by the possibility of future modification of the PFD. There is still a long way to go in this case, and we can only hope that the TBVME maintains its position. We at TJT stand firmly with the vet board's original decision to revoke Lindsey's license, and look forward to reading the Exceptions filed in this case.

Another victory for Tigger

TJT EXCLUSIVE: A TRIUMPH FOR TIGER-- ANOTHER MAJOR LOSS FOR TEAM LINDSEY
    TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT COURT RULES FOR VET BOARD

Case Update and Commentary from Tiger's Justice Team
    In a remarkably arrogant gesture, Kristen Lindsey filed suit against the vet board after the board voted to revoke her license. The District Court of Travis County acted swiftly and decisively to put an end to this nonsense. Both Lindsey’s attorney and the Texas Attorney General’s office (representing the vet board) filed Motions for Summary Judgment. On 8/17/16, the judge DENIED BISHOP’S MOTION AND RULED IN FAVOR OF THE VET BOARD. THIS IS A MAJOR VICTORY FOR TIGER.
    Kristen Lindsey is currently involved in three legal actions:
    1. Criminal DWI charges in Harris County, Texas
    2. Administrative disciplinary action with the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (TBVME)
    3. A lawsuit Lindsey filed against the TBVME, which this article discusses.
    Readers may recall the gist of Lindsey's suit against the vet board: she contended that the board lacked authority and jurisdiction to seek disciplinary action against her license. Of course, this is precisely one of the functions of the board, whose duty is to oversee veterinary licensing in Texas. Considering the essential frivolity of this lawsuit and excellent representation of the board by Ted Ross of the State Attorney General's office, the ruling against Lindsey comes as no surprise.
    In a terse Final Judgment, the Travis County Court unequivocally ruled in favor of the board. TJT received a copy of the Judgment from the Travis County Clerk's office, and we have attached images of the complete document to this article.
    Can Team Lindsey appeal the decision? Absolutely, and given Bishop's evident fondness for wasting the state's time and money thus far, we'll be surprised if he doesn't. He has 30 days to file an appeal. In 2015, a completely unrelated case against the vet board (concerning a completely different board rule) yielded a partial victory in appellate court, and we expect that Bishop is pinning his meager hopes on that one.
    Bishop has previously filed numerous Motions for Summary Judgment in both SOAH and District Court on Lindsey's behalf. All of them have failed, and this latest one is no exception. A Motion for Summary Judgment is a request to the court to decide a case without going to trial; in other words, “Let’s end this now, Your Honor.” So far, the courts have unanimously ended it in Tiger's favor. Based on Team Lindsey's track record and the facts of the case, we doubt that an appeal will accomplish anything beyond creating more delays and wasting valuable court time.
    One Tiger Supporter offered this suggestion to the Lindsey crew: “MAN UP, WOMAN UP, AND GIVE UP!”

Tigger's justice team

WE COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP IF WE TRIED
    Case Update and Commentary by Tiger's Justice Team

If you thought you'd seen it all in Kristen Lindsey's licensing case, think again. “Cryin' Brian” Bishop's latest legal train wreck hits a new low in litigious flapdoodle. Lindsey's attorney has filed yet another remonstrance with the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH), titled “Respondent’s Opposition and Response to Petitioner’s Objections.”
    Bishop’s latest exceedingly peculiar document displays one more example of preposterous Orwellian Doublespeak, setting a new standard of absurdity by contending that the veterinary community favors killing feral cats with bows and arrows! Yep, it’s true, and here are his words- verbatim (capitalization ours, for emphasis.)
    “Respondent objects to and opposes Petitioner’s proposed exception to Section V(A)(1)(d) because there is evidence in the record that THE VETERINARY COMMUNITY ADVOCATES DISPOSING OF SUSPECTED FERAL CATS BY SHOOTING THEM WITH A BOW AND ARROW. The evidence is undisputed that — contrary to the Board’s argument — Dr. Buenger expressly approved Dr. Lindsey’s disposition of the suspected feral cat by shooting it with a bow and arrow.”
    What real evidence does Bishop offer in support of this outlandish claim? Not much-- in fact, only one word. Tiger's supporters will recall Kristen Lindsey's text message to her employer and landlord, Dr. Bruce Buenger, shortly after she killed Tiger:
    “Well, made my first bow kill and got rid of the tomcat tonight.”
    Buenger's response: “Sweet.”
    Does Bishop seriously expect the judges to believe that a one-word text message constitutes blanket approval by the entire veterinary community? Bishop conveniently neglected to mention that Dr. Buenger fired Lindsey for the very act he “expressly approved,” sending this termination letter less than 48 hours after Tiger's death:
    “Dear Kristen Lindsey, [note that her employer declined to address her as “Doctor”]
    You are terminated with cause under Paragraph 7.3(II) of your veterinarian Employment Agreement, effective immediately, because of your conduct in killing the cat you claim was feral with a bow and arrow and posting a photograph of this on Facebook. Your conduct is totally contrary to the heart and soul of our practice at Washington Animal Clinic. It has also caused an unbelievable firestorm of negative commentary aimed at Washington Animal Clinic. In short, you have caused enormous harm to our reputation in a mere 24 hours, not to mention whatever happens in the future. We will be in touch with you regarding any details pertinent to your termination.
    Washington Animal Clinic, PLLC
    Bruce Buenger, DVM, co-owner
    Terry Wunderlich, DVM, co-owner”
    This doesn't quite sound like a ringing endorsement from the veterinary community, or even from Dr. Buenger. It seems he decided that Lindsey's actions weren't so “sweet” after all.
    Cryin' Brian also may have forgotten his own recent assertions regarding the veterinary community's response to Lindsey, as put forth in his Final Summation to SOAH:
    “Dr. Lindsey has also suffered immensely as a result of her actions. Washington Animal Clinic terminated her employment immediately (and publicly condemned her), and the AVMA (and others) have publicly condemned her in the strongest terms. Dr. Lindsey has been unable to work on a consistent basis and is essentially unemployable. . .”
    Team Lindsey simultaneously contends that her behavior is “expressly approved” and “publicly condemned” by Dr. Buenger and the veterinary community. One seldom sees this much cognitive dissonance manifested outside a psychiatric setting.
    We eagerly await the tally of votes for Lindsey’s “Vet of the Year Award,” Sorry, Brian, but 1 + 1 + 1 does not equal 65,650 US veterinarians.
    Those who enjoy behavioral psychology can review Bishop's latest document in SOAH public case files. Navigate to: www.soah.texas.gov/index.asp
    Click on “Electronic Case Files” in the upper right corner, then look for a green button showing “Search Public Case Files.” Click it.
    Next, in the space for “Docket Number,” enter 578-16-0462. Include the dash marks. Next, click “Search” on the upper left, followed by the yellow folder icon to the left of Lindsey's name. A new window will open. Look for document number 85, which you can read online or download.

Lindsey lost her license but only for a year with 4 more years probation,

October 18, 2016: Today, the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners made a decision in Kristen Lindsey's licensing case. The Board essentially followed the recommendations put forth in the SOAH judges' Proposal for Decision: a 5 year suspension with one year “down time” (no veterinary employment) and the remaining 4 years fully probated, with quarterly reporting requirements. The Board also moved for continuing education and/or successful completion of an examination in veterinary jurisprudence, and six hours of continuing education in animal welfare. Board members declined the judges' suggestion that Lindsey perform community service in a veterinary capacity.
    Needless to say, this is not the result we hoped for. Those of us who are involved in animal welfare issues have seen many victories and many defeats as we strive to create a more humane world. In spite of our disappointment, today’s decision by the Board is truly a victory, especially given current laws. The Board could have chosen lesser sanctions against Lindsey, or even none at all. Today, the Board sent a clear message that veterinarians who commit acts of cruelty and publicize them will no longer do so with impunity.
    We deeply appreciate the strong showing of voices for Tiger at today's meeting. In addition to attorney Zandra Anderson and TJT members, representatives from Alley Cat Allies and the Animal Legal Defense Fund addressed the Board in favor of license revocation. We are grateful to everyone who gives their support to Tiger's cause.
    Things will never be the same for animal abuser Kristen Lindsey, and things will never be the same for the agencies responsible for enforcing animal cruelty laws. The power of public opinion is becoming a juggernaut, and we are getting stronger by the day. The message is to keep fighting. Rest assured that we are making a difference.
    What happens next? Quite a lot. We expect Kristen Lindsey to appeal the Board's decision in Travis County District Court. Lindsey also has an ongoing civil lawsuit against the Board, and remains under criminal DWI charges in Harris County, Texas. We will continue reporting on all of these cases, as well as other expected developments. Stay strong with us. The battle is far from over.

Not enough, she should have lost her license forever but I doubt anyone will let her near their animals anyway!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.