Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What are good, healthy food brands for beagles

Fromm is a good dry food. But Jax and Josie are very picky now too..... it doesn't matter what I buy any ore they don't eat it unless I add something to it. I bought a couple cans of Blue Buffalo they liked it for a minute lol lol. So sometimes I scramble an egg with cheese in it and they like that. I just have to change up things I add all the time. so I think now I may buy a less expensive food , but a GOOD ONE, I was thinking about that Nutro but I haven't done much research on it. Plus it has to be made in the US. I read Blue Buffalo lied about their ingredients and was in a law suite , Purina , of course were the one to bring it to light. ( like they are so innocent). Anyway , any suggestions Linda , Alpha, or Texanvet?

Buy a good quality food, put it down and if they don't eat say within ten or fifteen minutes pick it up and give them nothing until the next meal. No treats, nothing. When they get hungry they will eat what you give them, they will not starve themselves. They are getting spoiled and picky and the more you cater to them the worse they are going to be. Pick a food and its take it or leave it but nothing else until you eat it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Being picky can be frustrating so I understand. I've heard about Blue Buffalo problems but I still believe they are a good brand. My cats enjoy any of the chicken, salmon or even rabbit flavors. You'll pick a good brand for them and the egg with cheese is a good idea to add to their food and I'll keep that in mind.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Done that Linda several times. They went a very long time without food. But I can't stand it anymore come come the evening of night 2. Lol lol. I have a problem that way. Always did. It only takes a little bit of something to get them to eat it. Some days though they will eat breakfast and supper really well and want something in between , then turn around the next day and either eat breakfast and no supper or no breakfast and eat supper. Some days nothing. But they are not starving that is for sure. Thank you though again

It is frustrating as heck Esme. ugh. I trust Fromm and would love to feed them Orijen but that is really high. They like the egg and cheese. But they will turn away from that too if they get it too much. I make my parrot whole wheat mac with veggies and put some on top their food they like that also and some days just green beans, they eat them but not their favorite. If they see me open a can of veggies they think it is something special and eat it like it was a treat. I bought some Honets Kitchen Toppers they really liked those too . So I bought regular Honest Kitchen and yucko! Lol Lol It looked and smelled like grass!!!! I made little balls out of it and they were not crazy about that at all. But the toppers they enjoyed. Probably because they see I open a bag and sprinkle it on ....after they get a taste first from the bag. But heck that stuff is expensive toooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Man. The price of dog food makes me insane, I wish I was a cook cause I would just make them home made and get the dinovite vitamins for it , but I can't cook and I would be afraid they would get enough of what they need. I have looked up several home made recipes , but I just cannot cook , not even for my husband or anything else. lol lol.

by giving them different things to stimulate their appetite all you are doing is making them picky eaters. Pick a food, let them go without until they decide to eat it. They can miss a meal and not starve, they are like kids, the more a kid trows a temper tantrum and screams and cries the sooner the parent gives into them so they keep doing it to get their way and become spoiled brats. Your dogs have figured out if they don't eat what's put in front of them you will give in and give them something else.

put the food down, they can either eat it or go hungry. By the way cooking food destroys most of the nutrition in it. Feed it raw
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Well I can't do raw Linda Josie throws it up. I did try it with the raw bones. She just throws it up.... she has a sensitive stomach.

you can put some digestive enzymes on the food, that will help if she is prone to throwing up

No I am not to go through all that. Thanks though

I agree with Linda, Orijen is the best food for your beagle, it may come at with a higher price tag but its well worth it.

I say Orijen. It is what I swear by!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.