Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this lady crazy or is it just me

Is this lady crazy or is it just me

Ok so i just joined this forum just to ask this. The lady i live with has 3 dogs, 2 of them are english bulldogs and the 3rd is some other kind of bulldog the taller kind. So part of the problem is the female english bulldog doesnt get along with the other female dog and they literally try to kill eachother if they see eachother.

So because of this, the whole house is gated off into 2 sides to keep them seperated. The 2 english ones live in the living room and the 3rd one lives in the owners bedroom. The problem is that not only is the house a hassle to get,around because you have to open and close many gates to get around and take the long way because of certain doorways being completely gated off and not useable.

The 3rd dog gets free access to the backyard to use the bathroom while the other 2 are locked in the living room. The 3rd dog must be locked into the bedroom while i let the other 2 outside. The owner does not have time to watch the dogs all day because she works.

Then i am stuck at the house not aloud to leave and live my life even though i am a 21 year old male, because i have to rotate the dogs every 2 hours so they dont piss and shit in the house. I honestly do not think she should have the dogs if she personally does not have time to take care of them because she is the only one that enjoys them. She refuses to get rid of the 3rd dog because she likes them too much.

I think she is crazy because i think she is putting the dogs over the people in the house. I also think those dogs are stinky and ugly. I think it would be normal to get rid of the 3rd dog to create more freedom and a more relaxed setting for everyone in the house. Let me know what you guys think is she crazy or is it me.

Sorry if this isnt written very well i just want to know

if you find the situation so intolerable why don't you move? If its her house and her dogs you can either do what she wants or move out. I see no reason why she should have to give up her pets to accomodate you. If the dogs fight then they must be kept separate. Nothing fights like two females. If it takes living in "a gated community" to keep the peace then so be it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

My problem is that someone has to always be here to let the dogs out to pee. My freedom is really important to me. I think it would be reasonable to get rid of one dog to allow everyone in the house to,leave when they please.

I think if she doesnt have the time to take care of her own dogs she shouldnt even have them

It sounds like she needs someone that doesnt have a life. I dont like having to schedule when im not going to be here so someone can accomodate the dogs. I need the freedom of leaving whenever i please. Getting rid of one dog sounds alot easier than the current situation. Im more of a minimalist if something is causing problems i get rid of it not rearange my whole life just to accomodate a dog. Im not saying to throw the dog away but to find it another home and keep the kther 2 dogs.

There are enough animals in shelters because selfish people don't want to disrupt their lives. You are being unreasonable. you can't expect someone to get rid of their pet simply because its an inconvience to you. And if you find it so difficult to take care of them there is nothing stopping you from finding another place to live, preferable with someone that doesn't have any animals, you are either a pet person or you aren't and you attitude to these dogs shows you are not. The dogs can sense your animosity towards them and I'm sure the woman knows how you feel. If what you feels matters to her she would have gotten rid of them already. People come and go in our lives, our animals love us forever and unconditionally so why should she rid rid of her dogs to please you? Think about what you are asking her to do. Personally I wouldn't get rid of my pets because someone in the house didn't like them, they would have the option, suck it up or get out! I would also install a security camera to see what you are doing to them when no one is around. Maybe nothing, then you'd have no objection to being on camera
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I agree with you completely i am not a dog person but i do like dogs just mainly dogs that dont shed. I just think its irresponsible for her to own that dog because when i leave who is going to take care of her dogs ?

I don't see the problem, bulldogs are high maintanance due to health issues, they don't shed much and mostly just sleep with a few minutes of playtime then they are ready for a nap. My daughter has 4 and I go to her house daily to let them out ect. and she has two males that hate each other so they are kept apart with gates. Its not a bid deal, you do what you have to do to keep peace. She has 3 males and one female, all are sweet loving dogs with the exception of the two males that would fight if given the chance. She wouldn't think of getting rid of any of them and she would not take kindly to anyone even suggesting it.

The problem is the dogs cant go outside on their own. Someone has to always be here i dont mind the dogs i just want to be able to leave without having to come back and let the dogs out this becomes a full time job for something that shouldnt even be a job. If there was a way for all of them to use the bathroom without having to rotate Ll of them that would be perfect and everyone would be happy. I just feel like shes passing her problem onto me

the problem is not the dogs, the problem is you. You resent them and feel you are being taken advantage of. Unless they are old and can't hold it there is no need to let them out every two hours. Ever hear of a belly band? Every problem has a solution, you are making more of this than it needs to be.

I just want to be able to leave and hang out with my friends and not worry about the dogs whats the solution to that. No ive never heard of a belly band. And bulldogs are nasty they throw up all the time. Dogs i prefer are french bulldogs, pulis, and corgis!

These are sweet gentle dogs, wouldn't hurt a fly, and if you think that having what you call a "manly dog" doesn't have its issues you need to rethink your position. See my avitar, that is what you'd call a manly dog, Those 4 bulldogs of my daughter's are no match for one like mine. Shepherds shed all year long, blow their entire coat twice a year and are high energy. And believe it or not, she may look like a sweet gentle dog, she isn't. She is super protective and would tear anyone apart trying to come in this house. Great dog for protection but not an easy dog to live with, she has to be watched and under control at all times.

That doesnt answer my question but good to know

really, french bulldogs have the same issues as their bigger cousins. All dogs have something, you are either willing to deal with it or chose not to have any at all. And I still say if you are so unhappy having to take care of these dogs then why are you still living there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.