Bigfoot Today at 10 Months Old

Bigfoot Today at 10 Months Old

Here he is in the yard after a little haircut I gave him.

He still has that "puppy face" he's so cute. Love those big hairy feet. I still think it looks like he has slippers on.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Bigfoot has cute, tidy posture!

Thanks guys! Those feet get awfully muddy! He's been digging in the outer edges of the yard going after the voles underground, and it's been raining and muddy the past couple of days also. The mud is to black and heavy, it gets hard if it dries and he tracks it all over the furniture, etc.

Luckily he's just the right size still to fit in my kitchen's double sink. Back legs in one sink and front in the other. Then I use the little hose sprayer to hose his feet down and sometimes his beard. Dry him a bit in the sink, then back on the floor till next time.

All that fur maintenance is the reason I don't have long haired animals. Bad enough Phoenix sheds all year long so I'm always vacuuming up hair thats all over the house. Nothing sheds like a shepherd, they blow their coat twice a year and shed the rest of the time. And its not fine baby hair its clumps. I have a furminator brush and two strokes down her body and the brush is full. If Orri sheds its just such fine hair you'd hardly notice it, Nanny is semi long hair so she does shed but not a lot.

Nanny feels like bunny fur and Orri feels like velvet. They all have beautiful coats.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I thought the Schnauzers were high maintenance, but their fur was much easier to brush and clipper. We always groomed them ourselves. Bigfoot is plagued with mats and knots, hopefully his adult coat will be better.

Hans and Sigilwig

WOW these photos are great and they are all so handsome in their own ways!! I love that each animal has different types of fur and some shed more than others. Very sweet and thanks for sharing
    “Save a life and save a stray”

First thing I thought of with bigfoot would be a matting problem. That curly hair is kind of fine in texture so I'm not surprised it mats. Hans had much shorter hair except on the face but it looks course so I doubt that would mat

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.