Barred cages for mice in the US?

Barred cages for mice in the US?

My girls are currently in a 10 gallon aquarium. I think a barred cage will provide better ventilation, since it gets hot here, one of my mice has a sensitive nose, and barred cages have more enrichment options, but I want one with enough space and good bar spacing, enough space, etc. I can't find any in the USA - the rodent cages here are horrible. Anyone know of a good brand I could get either online or at the shop?

I think Crittertrail cages would be your best bet but they aren't very big. What I would do is buy two Super Pet Crittertrail 2-Level Habitats and connect them with tunnels, and connect them to the tank with tunnels, so that way they have the ground space of the tank and the height space and ventilation of the Crittertrails.

Nope; no crittertrail meets the minimum of 200 square inches. In mice, having two cages connected by tubes still counts as one cage for them - since they'll count each cage as one territory of theirs or something, I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it's like connecting two 100 square inch cages or two 5 gallon aquariums won't meet the minimum. Mice are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Nope; no crittertrail meets the minimum of 200 square inches. In mice, having two cages connected by tubes still counts as one cage for them - since they'll count each cage as one territory of theirs or something, I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it's like connecting two 100 square inch cages or two 5 gallon aquariums won't meet the minimum. Mice are weird.
    But the aquariam is providing them with the space, not the crittertrails. The crittertrails are just there so they can have ventilation, and even though they are small they still have a little space.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.