Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What to do with a new pup

Also, she likes to lick people, I know every dog likes to do that, I am wondering if I should let her lick as she wants?

Have you thought of feeding her a raw diet? Raw is the best thing you can feed and if her allergy was to something in the food she was eating it will clear that up also. When dogs have a food allergy its usually the corn or wheat in commercial food. Sometimes chicken and eggs but most often grains.

I feed raw if you want some help in preparing a raw diet for her I can help you with that.

she licks because she likes the taste of the salt on your skin
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Sure, that's good if you can help us out.

Goodday, she's adorable! Can be a Yorkie mix for sure. Dogs need certain nutrients that are available in dog food, so feeding them people food isn't always healthy. If you do, don't feed anything with sugars, spices or yeasty like breads. Good luck with your new baby, have fun!

I can help you with a raw diet, just let me know what you want to do
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hey guys! Check out CoverPaws.com for awesome tips and products

Thank you, Alpha1. I wanted to feed her human food like meat, fruits, rice, but luckily her mom(my colleague) stopped me.

Could you please tell me how to make raw food for our new pup?

certainly. I'm going to say chicken but you can use any meat and do change the protein source from time to time.

Buy chicken thighs and legs, grind it up bones and all. Get some honest kitchen mix about 1/4 of a cup with equal amount of warm water, let it sit until it thickens then add it to the chicken. Honest kitchen is the "greens" and its all the fruits and veggies they need for a balanced diet. Add 1 spoonful per day of "missing link", this is all the vitamins and minerals they may be missing in the diet. You should feed 2-3% of body weight (example if the dog weighs 100 pounds you'd feed 2+3 pounds. But with your's its a puppy you can feed a bit more. Feed at least twice a day, three times a day is even better for a growing puppy. When you get the missing link get the one for skin and coat as they make other kinds for different things and different animals. The missing link will give a beautiful soft shiny coat. If the poop is to hard cut back on bone, if to soft add more bone. Raw bones, even chicken bones will not hurt her, its cooking that makes them brittle Add about 1 pound of organ meat to ten pounds of ground meat, chicken hearts, liver, gizzards ect. If you are using ground beef also add organ meat and in place of the bone add powdered bone meal. Make sure its for animals as there is also a bone meal made for plants.

When she gets about three months old start with the additives, whether or not you feed raw she will still need these additives

1 omega three fish oil pill For the heart
    1 glucosamine Keeps the joints limber and reduced wear and tear on joints and ligaments
    1 probiotic probiotic is very important to keep the good bacteria in the gut. A dog health and immune system starts in the gut and the probiotic will keep the bad bacteria in check and replace it with good bacteria.

If you have any more questions just ask

I also make my own dog treats, I slice boneless chicken breast no more than 1/2 inch thick, add nothing, put the slices in a dehydrator and turn on high, let it go until the chicken pieces no longer look shiny and move around without sticking to the trays. Dogs go nuts for these and its nothing but pure protein

I'm also going to suggest you DO NOT over vaccinate, just do the core shots and one at a time, do not let them do the five in one combo, its to much of a hit on the immature immune system.

This is strictly up to you but I don't spay until my females have been in heat at least twice and never before 18 months old.

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. But her mom doesn't allow me to feed her raw food, only commercial dog food permitted. She said it was not time for such a pup to have raw diet.

her mom is very wrong, there is nothing better than a raw diet for them and pups brought up on a raw diet grow the way nature intended. But its your dog, do what you feel is best.

Look at my avitar, my dog has never had any commercial food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.