Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Members' Pets in Random Pics

Petting Eddy on the head. I quite often give Eddy a pet on the head or stroke her body, she's quite content to let me do it.

Eddy was hidden away but came to the front of the tank when I opened her enclosure door. My snakes are tap trained and will come to the front of their enclosures when I tap. It's useful when I let them out for exercise around my room, when I want to put them back I don't have to look for them but just have to tap the floor and they come to me.

A girl named Eddy . . . Did you think she was a boy?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Such a lot of wonderful photos on this thread! I will just add one of our dear Forgy, who joined our family from a refuge in summer last year:
    Forgy on his new mattress, 25.09.16 (Copy).jpg

There's a bit of thought behind her name, it's true that I wasn't sure of her gender at the time I named her but the name 'Eddy' was inspired by a name shared by two comedians who are husband and wife (character name Eddie Monsoon). Eddie Monsoon was an eccentric and erratic character originally from the series 'The Comic Strip Presents...' portrayed by Adrian Edmondson. His Wife, Jennifer Saunders used the same name for her Character Eddie (Edwina) Monsoon in the show 'Absolutely Fabulous' who is just as eccentric and over the top. Eddy has always been very excitable and always shows great enthusiasm and interest whenever I've gone to spot clean her enclosure or change her water so I named her after an eccentric character to compliment her personality, but wanted to change it up slightly by spelling it with a 'y' rather than an 'ie'.

This was when I opened up Normans enclosure, he came out, went straight to the window ledge and looked out of the window for about 30 minutes before climbing back down and casually making his way back to his enclosure and back to bed. Sometimes my snakes will take themselves back to bed when they've had enough exploring the room.

Is Norman a full-grown snake?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    I will just add one of our dear Forgy, who joined our family from a refuge in summer last year.
    Hi 4G! You're looking good on that happy French stripe pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Is Norman a full-grown snake?
    He's 4 years old now so he's a mature snake but might grow slightly more as he ages, it'll only be very moderate growth though. Norman is currently the smallest snake, when he was younger he had difficulty swallowing anything moderately large so I had to feed him smaller food items more frequently. This, however, was made difficult by his fussy nature, he would intermittently refuse food then go through phases of binging. Thankfully his weight was always within the acceptable range but tended to stay on the lean side. His eating is stable now and his eating habits seem to have resolved themselves.

There was a blacksnake in our yard and I made friends with him/her. The snake was really cool, and lived under our shed.

He/she would come out and Lilly left him alone. I named him Oscar and decided it was a he. I don't know. He liked to get up on the back deck and curl around my feet and just lay there when I was sitting outside on puter.

One day I heard my neighbor screaming and she had a machete in her hand and she was going after Oscar. I yelled at her, ran over, grabbed him, and brought him back to our yard. She was going to kill him.

He lived for almost seven years and one day Lilly was out back, pawing and whining. I found Oscar, something had gotten him and he was gone, so Lilly and I buried him properly next to my wolfdog.

I miss him.

Hugs
    Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saav View Post
    There was a blacksnake in our yard and I made friends with him/her. The snake was really cool, and lived under our shed.

He/she would come out and Lilly left him alone. I named him Oscar and decided it was a he. I don't know. He liked to get up on the back deck and curl around my feet and just lay there when I was sitting outside on puter.

One day I heard my neighbor screaming and she had a machete in her hand and she was going after Oscar. I yelled at her, ran over, grabbed him, and brought him back to our yard. She was going to kill him.

He lived for almost seven years and one day Lilly was out back, pawing and whining. I found Oscar, something had gotten him and he was gone, so Lilly and I buried him properly next to my wolfdog.

I miss him.

Hugs
    Saav
    Oh, that’s such a sad but sweet story! When my JD (corn snake) was a hatchling she used to curl up in someone’s sleeve and go to sleep for most of the day. Whenever someone passed her enclosure she’d come straight out of hiding in anticipation of coiling up down a sleeve and as a fully grown adult she remembered and would sometimes go in my sleeve but come out the other one because she was too big. She passed away last year but was such a little beacon of light for me, she always seemed to be in a good mood and would always cheer me up. I think about her everyday. Snakes can recognise individual people and know who they’ve had good or bad experiences with, sounds like you really gained the trust of that snakey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    This thread might be convenient to avoid having to create (and navigate) separate threads each time. Nothing wrong with separate threads, though.

With inevitable bumps along the way, Joey is growing accustomed to his new home, and the other three dogs are getting used to him. Steady progress, and more or less complete at this point. The last big hurdle was getting the other dogs to allow him to sleep on the bed instead of needing to sleep in a separate room. But success came the day before yesterday. We are groovy.
    awww, he's so cute. I thought cats are the only one's who loves being on high places. Didn't know dogs do too.

The first Christmas pet shot in my family, Amy the Leopard Gecko

^ Wow, very pretty photo!

Amy says "Pass the eggnog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat001 View Post
    The first Christmas pet shot in my family
    No! Poor Amy! I don't understand why you had to shoot her. Really distraught over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    ^ Wow, very pretty photo!

Amy says "Pass the eggnog!"

No! Poor Amy! I don't understand why you had to shoot her. Really distraught over here.
    Haha, I think she may have been singing carols.

Lol! The camera was loaded and ready to go so one of them had to be 'shot' with it! XD She got some locusts and mealworms out of the experience so wasn't so bad for her. :P

Got some shots of a few of the snakes which I still need to look through. Not sure how I'm going to do the larger pets as they're not as easy to photograph. will think of something.

Amy looks so happy, great photo!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.