Willow~ Adoptable Guinea Pig, Located in Simpsonville,Sc

Smile Willow~ Adoptable Guinea Pig, Located in Simpsonville,Sc

This is Willow, Located in Simpsonville Sc, she is approximately 6 months old and is very calm and sweet. Willow is a special needs case due to chronic eye problems so she will needs extra love, vet care, and an experienced adopter. If you or anyone you know may be interested in meeting Willow, please let me know at safehavenarsc@yahoo.com.
    *Adoption will require application, home visit, vet refs, and an adoption fee.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Willow looks like she's VERY sweet, hope she finds a good and loving home.

She is very sweet,

Wow that is a lot of requirements to adopt. Isn't it easier to just buy a new one? I am all for adopting, but this makes it harder for people when they can just get a new one easily.

I am sorry but I dont believe it is a lot, I have got to be positive that these animals are going to the best possible home that they can, if you dont like my requirement you always have the choice not to adopt from me or my organization. Your right you always have the choice not to adopt and purchase your pet from a petstore if you want to take the"easier way out" hey more power to you as long as an animal gets a home I am happy.

Also, you do realize that by purchasing pets from a petstore you are supporting and encouraging "back yard breeders" or breeding of any kind which is not helping the problem of homeless animals in shelters, you know the 4,000,000 plus animals that are being put down every year due to lack of space because of people like you that say oh well thats to much trouble, lets just go to the pet store where they dont care where the animal comes from or the health of them and then will let anybody of the street purchase pets, without making sure that they know what they are getting into.

In defense of Rottiwild, I have myself had the same feelings of intrusion when wanting to adopt a pet or buy from a reputable breeder. Some of us, like myself, who have the best intentions when wanting to add a new member to our family, are sometimes taken aback with all the requirements.

Having said this, I must admit, that my feelings were many years ago, when there were very little, if any, stories of pet abuse. Since then, I've learned of sick people who buy or adopt pets for reasons that are not humane. Some folks who make money from dog fights, will get a pet just to use for "bait"...to train their fighter dogs to attack. Sadly, the bait dog often suffers extreme physical pain, and many times will die from their wounds.

So, now I understand and agree with all the requirements involved in adopting a pet. The worst thing is to put an animal that's already been abused and mistreated, into a home that will further torture the animal either physically or mentally. IMO, if I were running an adoption agency, I'd be certain that those taking my animals had good intentions and were caring and loving owners.

PS: hope Willow has found a loving home.

I understand also, back before I was doing rescues years ago also had the feelings of my life being on display to adopt..lol, But i did it always knowing that these "rules" are in place for a reason, someone, somewhere has done something at some time not so legit, of coarse I never understood the level of it until I started working with rescues and shelters. You know its like the little moisture pack in shoes and purses that say "do not eat" well the warning is there because someone somewhere ate it and complained that their stomach was upset..LOL

It is something that you cant truly understand until you have been on the other side and seen first hand some of the situations that these animals come out of. It is hard to believe but you are absolutely right there are people out there that will take advantage of "clearance" at the pet store, "fee free weekends", "free to good homes" etc to pick up food for their snakes or bait dogs. You would also be surprised what some people consider a "good home". I am sorry if I get a little touchy at this subject but I have seen to much not to be protective of my foster friends while they are here, they are mine and I want them to go somewhere where they are going to get the same level of care as here.
    To be honest I am much more relaxed on my process then most rescues Ive seen. I usually tell people if they dont agree with the requirements of a rescue to go spend some time in the admissions department of their local shelter or rescues and then they will understand.
    Well anyway hope everyone is doing well.
    And Miss Willow is still here doing well and still waiting patiently for her forever home. Also we will have babies coming soon, we got a very pregnant guinea pig turned in last week she is due any day I will post pics when they arrive, vet says it is at least 3 maybe 4. wish me luck!

It's wonderful what you are doing for the animals. Hope Willow gets a good home soon, and good luck with the guinea pig momma-to-be.

Thank you for saying that, you are so sweet

The babies arrived last night! I will upload pictures

I love those little cuties!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.