Durable Squeakers?

Durable Squeakers?

Hey all,

My dog, Roux, got a new (semi used) stuffed animal tonight and as always, he loved it. He played with it for a good half an hour at least and then suddenly lost interest. After investigating, I discovered that he had already messed up the squeaker inside of the toy so that it no longer squeaked! He's just a schnoodle mutt so he never actually tears into the stuffed toys, he just squeaks them. Once the squeakers are destroyed he loses interest. So now he's got a pile of toys that are in great shape, but he's just not that interested in anymore.

The point of this post is that I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of or found a good strong squeaker toy. The toy itself doesn't have to be strong, it doesn't have to be Kong tough, but the squeaker itself has to be durable. I don't know, maybe it's not an actual thing, a durable squeaker, but I don't want to have to cut open his toys and stitch them back together every night to replace the squeakers with new ones to get him interested in his toys again. Maybe there is some kind of dog toy or even kids stuffed animal out there that has a way to open it up and stick something inside? Not that Roux chews on the toys themselves very much, my main concern with non dog toys would be any little things that could become a choking hazard like plastic noses, etc.

Does anyone else out there have a similar dilemma? Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated!

I don't recommend anything with a squeeker in it, if it falls out and he puts it in his mouth he could choke. If he isn't interested in stuffies get him a rope toy and you can play with that with him, or get him an antler, not a flat one that could slide down his throat, get one with points on it, most dogs loves antlers and that will keep him amused for hours. Get an elk or moose one, these are harder than deer
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

These are very well made and hold up to a lot of use, I have a Labradoodle who loves to play with it, still using the second one we bought him, still squeaking. The squeaker doesn't seem to come out and cause a choke hazard like cheaper balls, after months of heavy use it may just quit or go quieter. My dog is 37 pounds at 2 1/2 years old. http://www.petforums.com/showthread....y-Guy-Loves-It!

The other one that's really durable with a reliable squeaker is this particular version of the KONG ball, again, since he was a pup he's only had 2, and he's on his second one. I think it has to be a better brand or KONG tough to have a durable squeaker. This ball is a bit hard, but he also has a similar purple KONG bone or barbell) that still squeaks since he was a pup and it's softer, but he does prefer to play with the balls. https://www.petsmart.com/featured-br...l?cgid=5000057

Linda, there was a dog up my street that had a squeaky duck and he loved it! He even chewed one wing off so it would not fly away.
    He likes squeaky toys more than just plain toys! If you get good quality squeaky toys I think it's fine.

I think squeaky toys are OK, too.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Don't get a squeaker if your dog tears things apart. This can be dangerous.. Otherwise you might be alright. Terriers are especially bad at mistreating squeaker toys. A bigger, gentler dog may treat a squeaker better than a small terrier. It all depends on their attitude and behavior when 'playing'.

Either way you pay for what you get. Durable squeakers are out there.

I guess squeaky toys are ok in some ways!
    My chickens are outside...for good!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.