Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think is the best toy for a Newfoundland?

Question What do you think is the best toy for a Newfoundland?

I basically said my question in the title. Sorry, but that is what I want to know. What do you think???

Thank you for your info.

I don't think there's a best toy for any specific breeds, Newfoundlands are large dogs, so of course their toys and chew toys would be the larger size to prevent choking, etc.

Very good! But I mean like a chew toy or something like that.

This is one of the larger Kong chew toys for dogs, and it would be appropriate for a Newfie, and treats can be put inside also. Kong also makes other durable toys in various shapes. They are a bit expensive, but they last a long time. Another chew toy can be a large rope toy, preferable cotton if available....any toys have to be monitored and checked occasionally for condition, and should be replaced if it's falling apart in any way.

Good toys! I agree about what you said. Thank you for posting the pics!!!! Is it really THE WORLDS BEST TOY?????

That might just be an advertising slogan Yeti.

Ok. Thanks for the info!

I suggest Jolly Pet Romp-n-Roll. This tough toy can keep dogs engaged in multiple ways, and in many settings. They can play tug-o-war with the rope, chew on the ball, play fetch, and so on.Oh, and by the way, the ball floats and can be punctured without deflating. That makes this another great option for water-loving dogs.

How about toys for small dogs? Mine's a shih tzu by the way. Any suggestions?

Hi yetidog! I suggest Petmate Chuckit Tri-Bumper, one of the best toy for Newfoundland. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I don't think there's a best toy for any specific breeds, Newfoundlands are large dogs, so of course their toys and chew toys would be the larger size to prevent choking, etc.
    I agree. It's best to buy toys which are larger than the size of your dogs. How about for small dogs? Any specific toy in mind?

a dog is a dog, no matter the breed. They pretty much all like the same things, a bigger dog of course needs bigger toys, you get a toy to fit the dog.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    a dog is a dog, no matter the breed. They pretty much all like the same things, a bigger dog of course needs bigger toys, you get a toy to fit the dog.
    I agree with you linda. Their likes may vary but they're still toys just with different sizes and colors.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Exactly!!!! This is what I want to read Linda, we have the same thoughts.

Found great suggestions and important thoughts here. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.