Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alendronate (fosamax) making my cat really ill

I will try and make her sit up as long as possible... if not I will hold her like she is sitting at least for half an hour.. failing that yes walking is better than lying sleeping...

when we go for walks she goes very slowly... I have to actually take her in as she doesn't want to come... we do go out a lot less than before.. but it is her one happy time during the day and I don't want to take that away... otherwise you might as well be dead?

oh and yes... "meowsapine" is a really good name... my cat as well as talking to me.. used to purr a lot on it and was really happy... then i found out people take it for an antidepressant and it all made sense!

Quote Originally Posted by sam100 View Post
    when we go for walks she goes very slowly... I have to actually take her in as she doesn't want to come... we do go out a lot less than before.. but it is her one happy time during the day and I don't want to take that away... otherwise you might as well be dead?
    You're very wise for granting her the little pleasures that she enjoys so much while she still can.

Quote Originally Posted by sam100 View Post
    oh and yes... "meowsapine" is a really good name... my cat as well as talking to me.. used to purr a lot on it and was really happy... then i found out people take it for an antidepressant and it all made sense!
    Meowsapine was specifically approved by the FDA as an antidepressant. The appetite stimulant prescriptions are called "off label" and done because so many people lose their appetites when they take it for depression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.