Purina Friskies Classic Paté Wet Cat Food

Purina Friskies Classic Paté Wet Cat Food

hello, i have been feeding my senior cat "Purina Friskies Classic Paté Wet Cat Food" for about one year now. over the past 6 months she has developed some sort of skin issue including biting and scabs, i have also found her drooling on two seperate occasions. i am just left wondering if the food is to blame or is this a behavioral issue?

If she's drooling she either has an upset stomach or a tooth issue. Friskies is not a good food, purina uses rendered meat in their food, something I wouldn't feed. I feed Natural balance pouches, different flavors and I feed fromm and Halo dry. Its always a good idea to keep propectalin on hand, great for upset stomach,you can get it from your vet or buy it on line. Amazon carries it
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting. What is your cat's name?

I don't want to make you feel like a bad cat parent, but . . .

Regardless of the cause of those symptoms, she needs to eat something else. Purina is one of the worst pet food brands out there. In addition to the R-rated rendering process, they pretend there is enough protein when the "meat" cats eat is not exactly the real thing. Many people say their cats are fine on Purina because they can't see the chemical effects building up inside over time until something does happen. Nobody can tell you online if this is why your kitty bites skin a lot and drools, but it is certainly possible and I highly recommend switching her to a more natural brand.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.