Moving kittens

Moving kittens

Alice the cat I'm fostering keeps trying to move her kittens to the closet in an upstairs bedroom. We have a whole room for her and her kittens plus the closet in that room with some bins and boxes in it. So far we have just been keeping the door to the bedroom closed but it gets left open be accident.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try to keep her in her own closet?

Thank you!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Sorry furballs, I don't have any advice on that one....Alpha, or Linda might help.
    My chickens are outside...for good!

If it's not a big problem, I'd just let her follow her instincts and use the bedroom closet, if she's confident and relaxed, her kittens will be also. I think moving the bins and boxes for her and the babies wouldn't be that much trouble. Sometimes it's just best to 'go with the flow'.

That is what lactating queens do. They like putting their kittens in small spaces like closets for their protection. It is part of being a mom.

Thank you for the advice Alpha and Catmom but it just won't work. Guess I'll have to keep thinking.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!

Maybe she feels more secure upstairs, can you set up another room up there for here temporarily? What happens if you keep the bedroom door closed, does she carry the kitten back down the stairs?

Possibly, there really is not any room for her upstairs. And yes.

Maybe she's not feeling secure enough with her kittens downstairs. Are they in a quiet area with not much noise or foot traffic? What kind of bed or box do you have for mom and kittens, is it in a protected area, does the mother feel her babies are in danger or not secure?

Sorry for the late reply. She is now in the room with the doors shut and has a cardboard box in the closet with the door mostly shut. Since I've moved her box(it used to be outside the closet) she has been pretty happy.

Glad she's happy, sounds like you did the right thing, she only wants her babies to be safe and secure.

Good job Furballs!
    My chickens are outside...for good!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.