Ideas for an outdoor pet potty for a "dirt"/"lawn" patch

Ideas for an outdoor pet potty for a "dirt"/"lawn" patch

I live in an apartment and we have a cement backyard with about a 3-4ft wide 6-7ft long patch of "dirt." I am taking half of it to grow some herbs and veggies. The other half I want to use for my new dog to go to the bathroom.

I actually have some patches of grass already that I can grow there, but I would have no way of cutting it. I don't want anything expensive as it is already an outdoor "dirt" space, so there's no reason for expensive draining puppy patches or things like that, and most artificial grass wouldn't exactly drain.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can put there that requires extremely little to know upkeep for my dog to use as a bathroom? I definitely want to make it different from the plant side too, so that I can train her to only go on the one side. Any help is appreciated! TIA

Welcome to the forum I have indoor cats only and come to think of it one of their litter boxes was listed as a dog litter pan. Would this maybe work or are you pretty set on grass?

Thank you! I have seen the litter boxes/puppy pads, etc. I don't mind that idea for indoor when we're not home, but for outside I'm hoping for something that I basically don't have to worry about cleaning or emptying haha! I've seen these new outdoor grass patches that drain into a bowl that you have to empty, which I wouldn't mind just having that drain into the ground, but they're about $200 which just seems a little too steep when I could just grow real grass!

I got it what you mean but I'm really not sure where to purchase it less expensively. If I come across anything I'll let you know.

Thanks! I'm sure what I'm looking for doesn't even exist since it's so specific haha. But who knows, there are people way more creative than I am out there.

What kind of dog do you have and what's his/her name?

It's a Jack Russell mix (of some sort lol) a little bigger than your average Jack - and her name is Jazzy

Jazzy is a very sassy name and mixed breeds are fine by me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.