1st Post Can someone give me ideas on what this is on my Baby?

Laserline1972

He has had these over the past 2-3 months. Also the black spots have developed over the past year He is 10 years old. Inside dog, also has a 11 brother which does not have this problem. He sleeps in our bed so whatever it is has not transferred to us or his brother. No dog food changes. The only treats he gets is rotisserie chicken breast and a daily hip/joint medicine he has been taking for years. Any ideas would be appreciated. . The skin sores are round like with crusty edges.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Dog Force One

Banned
Hi, what kind of pest control does he receive?

Could it be ringworm? Ringworm is not actually a worm but a fungus.

Laserline1972

Original Poster
Hi, what kind of pest control does he receive?

Could it be ringworm? Ringworm is not actually a worm but a fungus.

helllo... if it was ringworm would not me, my wife, or my other dog have it as well? He’s a I side dog, and sleeps with us at night.

Dog Force One

Banned
Hmm, I don't know. But we're all exposed to many things every day. Unless ringworm is very contagious (I have no idea), it could just affect someone who is susceptible for one reason or another. I have no idea. Just the ring shape brings ringworm to mind. Looking on the net, ringworm marks can have a variety of forms/appearances.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you, but it looks like some type of skin ulcer to me. The fact that you're seeing black in those areas is very troubling, I wonder if that would have to do with the skin dying? Are the spots painful, they do look that way? Itchy?

If it were my dog, I'd get him to the vet right away, this condition has been going on for too long. They can take and inexpensive skin scraping and biopsy to see what's going on with the skin. Also, they can give medicine to help with any infections or pain that may be resulting from this, also perhaps tell you the cause. For the dog's sake, please have a doctor look at this, he looks so sweet in the photo, would be a shame to have his condition worsen. Good luck, hope you can help him.