8 y/o cat has been very sexually fustrated

Laurad

My cat is fixed, ive had him for about 4 years now, and lately he has been trying to hump everything every day. This is really new for him to do. I tried getting him some new toys to occupy him but he wants no part in it. I just dont know why he is acting like this lately?! He is being more vocal too. Idk what to do!

linda2147

time for a spray bottle. Everytime he starts give him a good squirt , that will change his mind real quick. Just plain water in a squirt bottle. won't hurt him but he won't like it.

Laurad

Original Poster
time for a spray bottle. Everytime he starts give him a good squirt , that will change his mind real quick. Just plain water in a squirt bottle. won't hurt him but he won't like it.
Thats a good idea! Thank you! I find it so strange that he is acting like this lately.

linda2147

My male bengal is six and he's been neutered since he was five months, My cats never go outside and all of a sudden he is determined to go out, So he got squiret a few times and now all I have to do is show him the bottle and he runs away. He doesn't like it but oh well, he can't go out.

Laurad

Original Poster
My male bengal is six and he's been neutered since he was five months, My cats never go outside and all of a sudden he is determined to go out, So he got squiret a few times and now all I have to do is show him the bottle and he runs away. He doesn't like it but oh well, he can't go out.
Do you think catnip could be causing his behavior?! Lol its the only thing i can think of