A Small Story About my Lost Childhood Cat

LouLou

Ragdoll
I was 2 years old with my family when we walked into the a mans house to pick up a kitten out of the litter his cat had. Me and my brother (he was 4) were allowed to pick which kitten we wanted. Me and my brother walked through the living room there was atleast 5 kittens most of them were black and were running away from us. I hear a small light meow from under the dining table. Me and my brother look under to see a little gray mixed kitten looking up at us. It was smaller than the others, and did not run away. We told our parents we wanted the grey one, so we took it home. It was a girl and british cat so she had a deep voice for a cat. We called her "Sophie"
9 years later
Me and Sophie grew up together she was there my whole child hood. For personal reasons my family except my dad moved to Italy. My dad stayed for his job, we brought Ube my greyhound. My dad watched over the other pets. I couldn't wait to go home to see my family and pets again. But one morning as I was coming downstairs to eat breakfast my mom was sobbing and when she looked at me she said "I have some bad news to tell you." A moment of pause "Sophie died." My eyes widened for moment I just stood there thinking Sophies dead? Than thinking it over and realizing reality, I sat on the couch and began to cry. Sophie the cat that was there my whole childhood is gone. I ran upstairs still sobbing and went on my bed, putting my pillow to my face. Than said to myself

I never got to say Goodbye

I will always remember you Sophie.
When the day comes we will cross paths again.
And we can be together.:tranquillity:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I see that losing your Sophie has been especially difficult for you, because you never was able to be there to say good-bye. The nice thing is you were always with her in spirit, even when you weren't physically there. I know she felt the love and that's almost as good, for her anyway. It's a blessing that she died peacefully. I'm sorry for your loss. :love_heart:

Knightofalbion

Animals have souls just as we do. When your 'time' eventually comes, all the people you love and have loved you - people and pets - will be there to greet you.
Death is not the end.

Knightofalbion

My mother passed over a while back. Sometime after I had a 'vision' of my mother, looking very happy and of youthful appearance and riding a beautiful brown horse.
I found out later - I didn't know this at the time - that when she was a girl she had a horse...a beautiful brown horse.

kittydancer

I'm sorry to hear about how you lost Sophie :( It's sad that she died while you were away, but at least she had your father to care for her. She's an important part of your childhood memories and you'll always have that. You were lucky to have such a great companion as a kid. :)

wombat

So sorry to read of your beloved cat Sophie, it is so sad when we can't be with our pets some times when they pass on but I'm sure as Knightofalbin says that we willonce again be reunited wih our beautiful pets.Hugs to you LouLou, RIP SophieThat was a lovely vision you had Knightofalbion, I had a very vivid dream about my mum the night before she passed away and I woke up crying,I dreamt of her very young and having a beautiful smile on her face and she said she felt really well, I later found a photo of her dressed in the clothes she had on in my dream, and I believe it was when she was pregnant with me.I was very fortunate to be with my mum when she passed on.

cluckmecoop7

I got a puppy!
I'm so sorry it happened. :angel: She must of been a very sweet nice cat! But she will be happy where she is in kitty heaven.:)