A TV Channel For Dogs?

ALR1111

On August 1, DirecTV will be offering a television channel for dogs. Supposedly, experts have designed the channel to include the sights and sounds that make dogs happy. I believe this is supposed to entertain pets while their owners are away. You can read more about this topic here.

What do you think? Is this a good idea or a fading fad? Will you subscribe to the channel? Do you play music and/or TV for your dogs now?

Happyflowerlady

Dog Mother
I guess that might be ok if a person was gone all day, but there is NO way that the owner will ever know if the dog actually likes it or maybe hates it. The pet will just be stuck with the noise, regardless. Maybe if they play it while they are at home, they can see how the dog reacts, but that still doesn't really let you ow what they think about having it playing all day.

I used to bring my little portable radio out to the barn, and played music when I milked the cow, but I am not really sure if she cared. At least, she was contented, so it didn't annoy her, I am pretty sure of that.
I would definitely not be paying anything extra for a channel of dog music, but then, I am usually right here to provide all the entertainment that Chipper wants.

However, we do play the TV all day for my husband, and it does do a great job of keeping him entertained......

wombat

That sounds a great idea if the pets like to sit and watch it,we keep a radio on when we go out for company for our dogs,they haven't complained yet.:redface-new:

ALR1111

Original Poster
However, we do play the TV all day for my husband, and it does do a great job of keeping him entertained......
Hee Hee! Funny stuff!

I sometimes play music for my pets, sometimes play Animal Planet, and sometimes just leave them in peace and quiet. Luckily, I am home most of the time so they don't need to worry about being alone too often.

Happyflowerlady

Dog Mother
That is how we are, too, ALR. The dogs just follow me around all day..... Out to the garden, water the flowers, pull some weeds, they are right there keeping me company. Chipper even tries to help me pull out weeds. He grabs them with his teeth and drags them out of the ground. (Of course, he expects a bite of hotdog for a reward afterwards).

They do lay around if we are watching TV, but usually don't pay attention except occasionally if there is a cat meowing or something that gets their attention.
My little Sheba Pom would jump up barking, and run for the front door, every time a doorbell rang on TV . She always kept us laughing when she did that, and we never fail to remember her when we hear a TV doorbell.

bella3381

yes !!! i love this idea... i heard about it and cant wait to see if my dog would like it, she watches tv with me all the time and she seems to enjoy it, when i leave to run errans i always leave the tv on for her, she seems to really like it.... cant wait to see that channel

apickett

We have the channel and I think it's really neat. Brogan doesn't seem to care about it one way or another though. LOL My husband has put it on the channel a few times and Brogan really doesn't even look at the tv. It is a cool idea though. Now they need something for Cats too. Maybe a lazer pointer going across the tv screen or mice running around? :)