Any good suggestions for dog leashes on the beach

robin623

We love travelling with our pups. We hate their leashes. We generally set up a tent close to the water and take turns taking them off leash to fetch in the water. We want to be respectful to others so we keep the other tethered under the tent.

The problem I have is with the leashes we use for tethering. The spring clips are awful. they fill with sand and are impossible to open and close. I've been looking online and not finding much. We really want a 8-10 ft leash with
some kind of other clip. Any suggestions?

bgibson733

Hi robin623. Don't know if you've found anything yet, but I had a similar problem with dirt and rust on my dogs' leashes. I ended up creating some custom leashes online. There are a bunch of sites, but I used strapworks. You choose your own strapping, then add your own hardware. They have an online chat if you need help deciding on the hardware options. Hope this helps.

Luke

Try looking under horse products and look at their lunging line for horses. This could work as a make-shift dog leash at the beach. You can find lunging line that is 8-10ft easily and the spring clips are pretty good, since you are usually hooking up a horse to them.

I've used lunging line to leash my dogs before.

Here is a link to the lunging line so you can see what I am referring to.