anybody tried the flopping fish advertised on TV?

pegasus

My wife saw a store opening ad and it has the flopping fish for much cheaper than on TV, and is considering getting it. All the cat's current toys are throw toys, and she wants the cat to have something that he can play with on her own while she crotches, and if I can't play fetch with him, or I am playing fetch with the dog.

pegasus

Original Poster
Since nobody has apparently bought one, I'll post my review, as my wife recently bought one at the grand opening sale. At least she didn't pay what they were asking in the TV commercial. It did flop as advertised but the cat just looked at it and walked away. :( The dog however reacted to it by trying to chew on it. OTOH, when I gave my wife a red heart shaped pincushion that I had found in a drawer in the spare bedroom, she threw it into the kitchen and the cat ran after it, brought it back, and dropped it into her lap. I took over throwing the stuffed heart so my wife could crotchet. The dog saw this and left the flopping fish and got jealous again, and started barking and growling at the cat. (from a safe distance, because the cat won't put up with the dog getting up in the cat's face) :rolleyes:

CatMom1994

It would help if you posted a picture of the flopping fish toy. Without one, nobody can know what you were talking about.

pegasus

Original Poster
It would help if you posted a picture of the flopping fish toy. Without one, nobody can know what you were talking about.
Sorry, it's been heavily advertised on TV here, I didn't know that people might not know what I was talking about.

818vgVFUtpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TTouch

Glad you didn't pay as much as the TV ad, like all of these things they are sold as impulse purchases cheap enough so people don't feel they are being ripped off too much but these types of purchases are never worth what you pay and more than often thrown in a cupboard very soon after buying