Anyone else's fur baby have these symptoms?

jmontano

Hi, I'm Jenn. I'm new here, I'm at a loss & just trying to get answers for my fur baby, Roxxie. She is a rescue pug, about 5 years old. It's a little hard to explain but I will do my best. I call them seizures, but when I took her to the vet, they said they aren't seizures (they weren't even sure what's happening. Couldn't give me much as far as answers.)

They happen completely randomly, out of the blue. She can go months without having one & out of no where, she will have one. They usually happen when we are asleep. Her movements when she has them is what wakes me up. But there have been times where they happen during the day, when we are all awake too.

Here is what happens when she has one. She goes completely stiff. She lifts her head, looking up at the ceiling & stays like that until she "comes out of it" her eyes stay wide open, pupils get huge. She doesn't blink. It's scary when they happen... Some times when she "comes out of it" her legs are wobbly for a minute or two, then she'll be able to walk normally. Some times she will have one, come out of it & be back to her normal, silly self. Other times, she will come out of it & within seconds, she will go back in & have another, then come out of it & be her normal self. I owned a Chihuahua a few years back that had something similar happen. & I couldn't get answers for my Chihuahua either. I've owned dogs all my life & I've only ever seen this with Roxxie & my Chihuahua.

My biggest fear is she goes into one of them & never comes out of it... Has anyone ever had anything like this happen with one of their fur babies?.. My dogs are my kids, I just want everything to be okay with them. Thank you all in advance! I apologize for the long post. I appreciate you reading this far!

linda2147

I suggest you take a video of wat's appening and take the dog to a vet teaching hospital or school. they will have a whole team evaluate her and you will get the answer you need. Also when you see this happening put an ice pack in the middle of her back, this sometimes brings them out of it. If it is a seizure which it sounds like they will suggest the ice pack and also give you valium to put up her rectum to calm her down quickly

teytey029

I think you should bring your dog already to vet clinic to properly scan and diagnose her. That way it's much easier for you to cure her

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
I suggest you take a video of wat's appening and take the dog to a vet teaching hospital or school. they will have a whole team evaluate her and you will get the answer you need. Also when you see this happening put an ice pack in the middle of her back, this sometimes brings them out of it. If it is a seizure which it sounds like they will suggest the ice pack and also give you valium to put up her rectum to calm her down quickly
Good idea.