Art

mechi2

I never heard of oil based acrylics, how do they differ from oil paint?

Wowsa Littlegoldsnail, I love it!

Cat001

I'm not much of a painter but recently I sculpted a gecko. My first real attempt making anything out of clay but I think it's come out pretty well...

The next challenge will be to paint it.

My niece also got my a 3D pen for my birthday so I drew her dog for her

And also drew Mbezi the Zebra (and made it glow-in-the-dark) She lives on a wildlife reserve is South Africa that I visit regularly and am happy to say this piece will be coming with me on my next trip to be gifted to the owner of the reserve.

Last edited:

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
I'm not much of a painter but recently I sculpted a gecko. My first real attempt making anything out of clay but I think it's come out pretty well...

The next challenge will be to paint it.

My niece also got my a 3D pen for my birthday so I drew her dog for her

And also drew Mbezi the Zebra (and made it glow-in-the-dark) She lives on a wildlife reserve is South Africa that I visit regularly and am happy to say this piece will be coming with me on my next trip to be gifted to the owner of the reserve.

Those look amazing! I love the leopard gecko, he looks super realistic.

mechi2

You're not much of a painter? Really? Not by the looks of it, I agree with LittleGoldSail, they look amazing!

Cat001

Those look amazing! I love the leopard gecko, he looks super realistic.
Thanks, it had a few people convinced it was real for a second on a gecko group so am pretty pleased with it. :)

You're not much of a painter? Really? Not by the looks of it, I agree with LittleGoldSail, they look amazing!
Thank you. :giggle: I've always been terrified of putting paint to paper and ruining an image so tend to avoid paint if I can help it lol.

MainerMikeBrown

My drawing skills are mediocre at best, to be honest.

I knew a guy who was super talented at drawing.

He believed that anyone could become real good at drawing if they just practice a lot.

However, I think he's wrong. Unlike him, some people just don't have the talent that he had, myself included.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
Idk why this happened, but I was bored so I drew The Mandalorian, lol. It’s not quite finished yet. Mando is a fun subject (lots of neat curves and shading to do). The sleeves are tricky though.
5F7161D9-AE21-4151-BCA6-634F1390AA73.jpeg

My drawing skills are mediocre at best, to be honest.

I knew a guy who was super talented at drawing.

He believed that anyone could become real good at drawing if they just practice a lot.

However, I think he's wrong. Unlike him, some people just don't have the talent that he had, myself included.
There is an element of truth to both sides I think. Yes, some people might be born a little more talented or have stronger interests in certain things, but it truly comes down to practice.

EVERYONE sucks without practice. And everyone can learn to be really good, but the way some people’s brains are wired might make it a little easier for some and harder for others.

A lot of it is your interests, someone who absolutely loves to draw will pay attention to details when they see a drawing, they will practice a lot, it’s something that spikes their interest. Now, someone who thinks drawing is cool and wants to do it, but it’s less wired into them, might have a harder time learning how to draw good because they have to teach themselves to pay attention.

Cat001

So last week my niece asked me if I knew anyone who could do a black and white painting of her dog or if I was willing to paint one, I really don't like painting and find it pretty stressful but decided to give it a go seeing as it was going to be in black and white rather than having to worry about colours. I've been working on it solidly for about a week now, not quite finished yet but nearly there, I'm guessing a few more days...

I think my sister will want me to paint her parrot next lol.

I also finished the glow in the dark care bear I made for my friends birthday which I drew with my 3D pen then painted with glow pigment.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
So last week my niece asked me if I knew anyone who could do a black and white painting of her dog or if I was willing to paint one, I really don't like painting and find it pretty stressful but decided to give it a go seeing as it was going to be in black and white rather than having to worry about colours. I've been working on it solidly for about a week now, not quite finished yet but nearly there, I'm guessing a few more days...

I think my sister will want me to paint her parrot next lol.

I also finished the glow in the dark care bear I made for my friends birthday which I drew with my 3D pen then painted with glow pigment.

This look amazing!

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Original Poster
I did this one awhile ago and kind of forgot about it till now. I showed it to my dad and he said it looked like a painted a beautiful landscape in Mordor, lol.🤣
EEFEFD22-FF4A-4D29-9452-D6E1D60E3E34.jpeg
It was supposed to be semi-abstract. It was sort of representing loneliness, depression and anxiety for me, and even though it looks terrible and dark, in the bigger picture comes together to make something beautiful.

I guess it was just me trying to choose to trust God that no matter how messed up I might feel, He is making something beautiful out of my problems and flaws.

yeah, uh... I don’t really know where all that came from. I guess some of my random internal thoughts just gushed forth in this post.

I’m not exactly great at painting, but hopefully you guys get where I was coming from. I would love to hear y’all’s thoughts on it.

CatMom1994

Does anyone know how to find a painter who will go back in time instead of paint the way a cat looks like now? I would love to have a picture of a brown and white spotted tabby the way she was before suffering a hernia and getting pregnant. I am sure giving an artist photographs would only result in getting a painting that shows where a lot of fur was shaved off and the lumps in her diaphragm area. Any suggestions?

mechi2

I think I would be able paint a cat the way it looked before. What exactly did you have in mind? A digital portrait, or a real painting made the old fashioned way with brush and paint? Do you have any photos of how the cat looked before?

CatMom1994

I think I would be able paint a cat the way it looked before. What exactly did you have in mind? A digital portrait, or a real painting made the old fashioned way with brush and paint? Do you have any photos of how the cat looked before?
I asked because Bella was in this condition when someone rescued her. It is easy to see where the brown fur ends and white fur begins, where all of the spots are, etc. Making it three-dimensional is the hard part.

If I can get her standing up with the hallmark tail over back, that would be awesome! Unfortunately I never have my camera when I see her do it.

Aurora.jpg

Last edited: