Back on the forum

CatMom1994

After months of thinking there is no way can I read about other people's animals with no pet of my own, I decided this can't go on forever. For the first time in 4 years I will have to celebrate Christmas without a cat. That is making me sad. So here I am again hoping I can spend the holiday season talking about kids with fur.

While looking for a Christmas cat avatar I saw this white kitty and remembered Daisy. I was not trying to use a white cat. But then it hit me: She is up in heaven waiting for me and will have a merry Christmas even though I am not there with her. She will be with me in spirit. I can't spend Christmas Day thinking about only being with a person (my mom). My hope is this forum will be therapeutic when I am not watching any football, listening to an audio book (currently A Street Cat Named Bob), or playing Scrabble.

Last edited:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Welcome back CatMom, I was hoping that kitty in the avatar was yours when I first saw it. Hope you get a cat very soon, maybe as a Christmas gift.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
You don't have to be without a cat. Go to a shelter. There are many waiting for a home.
My mom must approve and does not want a cat now. We are waiting for the pandemic to end.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
That is a very cute picture Alpha. I don't have to bundle up warm in Florida.

Whoever my next cat is will not wear a Santa hat and decorable collar.