Betta with Possible Bacterial Infection

Jessie J.

Ninja Nif
Hi everyone. My male betta has a growth on his lip; it's very large, whitish-brown, and seems to be coming out of the skin. He is having trouble eating and has stopped guarding the bubblenest (luckily the fry are able to swim short distances so they are not in immediate danger). I am guessing a bacterial infection but I'm not sure. I might be able to upload a picture but I can't right now. What do you think it could be? Treatment options? I have API general cure but I don't think that would work.

Thank you

linda2147

I don't know anything about fish but I do know silver kills bacteria, maybe put some liquid colloidal silver in the water may help

Jessie J.

Ninja Nif
Original Poster
I don't know anything about fish but I do know silver kills bacteria, maybe put some liquid colloidal silver in the water may help
I don't have that and I don't think it would be shipped in time; silver would also be toxic to my snails and maybe the fry. Thank you anyway!

Hedgewitch

It would help if you could post a photo. I'd get hold of some Seachem Kanaplex and dose accordingly. White cottony tufts on the mouth aren't that easy to treat. Getting in early is the key.