Brother in law keeps dog in car when hes working sometimes.

Nick1302

My sister, and BIL have a young dog. I was talking to my sister about a lady who was keeping her dog in a hot car at the store, and she said that my BIL keeps their dog in the car sometimes, when it's not too hot. My sister said that he leaves water with the dog, and probably cracks the windows. She said that he goes out frequently, and checks on the dog. I'm sure if I brought up my concern, then there would be a big or deal. Would I be an asshole if I just kept my mouth shut? Would it be worth arguing about it?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
So the dog can't stay in one small place for long periods. He needs to be with someone who can take him out to walk and go potty.

rand

rand
They must be dog abuser or stupid guy ! On a hot day, the temperature can rise to 50 degrees in less than an hour in an airtight car.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Fifty degrees is cold.

Therre is no reason to keep a dog that size in a car for hours. He needs to stay home.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
They have no reason that cannot be solved. I am even opposed to keeping most dogs in crates for long periods.

Nick1302

Original Poster
They have no reason that cannot be solved. I am even opposed to keeping most dogs in crates for long periods.
Then that's another thing. I think the main reason the dog chews when they are gone is because they don't give him a sufficient amount of exercise, or attention, so theyd rather keep him in the care were he cant chew things.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
He chews things because nobody trained him to stop it.

Ridgebacks need to live with people who are home a lot to give them plenty of exercise and supervision. They have to be actively trained.

Nick1302

Original Poster
He chews things because nobody trained him to stop it.

Ridgebacks need to live with people who are home a lot to give them plenty of exercise and supervision. They have to be actively trained.
Its odd, because my sister has been laid off, and hasnt been working for about a month, and my BIL has just started working again after a year of unemployment. The dog is actually very well behaved, besides the fact that she chews on things. I told my sister about my concerns, and she essentially told me to stop treating everyone like they are awful owners, when in reality I'm just concerned for the dog.

Nick1302

Original Poster
So why doesn't your sister take care of him while her husband is working?
Well, she does. She had been staying home with the dog, because she had been laid off, but when no ones home to watch the dog, then my BIL takes the dog with him.

mechi2

I told my sister about my concerns, and she essentially told me to stop treating everyone like they are awful owners, when in reality I'm just concerned for the dog.
I agree with your sister, the threads you started have been about nothing but people you think are neglecting or abusing their pets, it's like an obsession with you.

Nick1302

Original Poster
Was she just mad that you told her about it or something specific you said?
She was mad just because I said I was concerned. I then asked her what temperature she considered acceptable to keep a dog in a car. She said that shes not gonna tell me, because I'm gonna go on the internete and tell her the wrong. I think deep down she knows shes in the wrong