Bug bite? What is this? Please help!

Dld9003

Hello!
I joined this site in hopes someone may have experienced this before or someone might know what this is. On Sunday evening, our 14 year old dachshund went to bed looking as he typically does. On Sunday he woke up with what you see on his nose in the picture. I called the vet, but can't get in to the vet until later this week. He is not attempting to scratch it and it doesn't appear to bother him. It is no longer seeping, but seems very full. **edit** I just looked at it again and it appears there is some seepage and drainage of blood coming out. He may have bumbed it? He is eating, drinking, playing and everything else fine. No limping or muscle problems aside from his typical older doggie things. Any one have any thoughts? Maybe a spider or other insect bite? We are just worrying about him and thought someone may have some advice or thoughts. Thanks in advance! 20220720_162716.jpg

Last edited:

TTouch

No sure, it could be one of many things likely a sebaceous cyst, could also be a wart as they tend to pop up quickly but it looks like it is infected, so also could be an abscess or any number of other malignant or benign lumps, which you are right to have checked out by your Vet

Beautiful Beasties

Looks like some type of abscess. Clean it with warm water and dawn dish soap. The one with the duck on it. Dry gently. Do see a vet though. It may need drained and antibiotics.