Can crickets and a Giant African land snail coexist

gatitahime

Hi I've had my giant african land snail, Apollo, for almost a year now. I also have a 5 year old leopard gecko whom I feed crickets to. Annoyed by keeping my crickets in a plastic bin only to have them quickly die out, I decided to add them to my snail's tank. And yes, they are now THRIVING in there. The high temperature, high humidity environment made a perfect breeding ground for the crickets. Now, I have baby crickets (way too many to count, 500+ probably) in a 10 gallon tank with my snail. Apollo doesn't seem to be heavily affected by them, but can the crickets harm my snail in any way? Will they nibble on him or his shell? I'm building a 30 gallon paludarium soon and I'm moving my snail into that tank and away from the crickets, but until then I want to make sure he will be okay.

It's rare to find someone who owns land snails or are cricket experts but maybe someone has an answer lol.

Cat001

It is a little risky as crickets have a tendency to nibble on just about anything, I don't know anyone who's actually housed crickets and snails together so can't say with certainty but knowing a crickets disposition to try and eat just about anything I would be very cautious and keep a close eye on the snail.