Casual Introduction Behind a Keyboard

local.lukas

Hey there.

My username is self explanatory, though please feel free to refer to me as either Michael or Lukas. I'm, admittedly, a self described semi-isolationist guy who enjoys nothing more than the company of his animals and pursuing the field of visual arts. I'm interested primarily in something to do with videography, however which career path I plan to flesh that out with is unclear. Currently I am torn between the plan of a pet food graphic designer, or an automotive (in specific Subaru or Volkswagen) marketing man of some sort.

I've been surrounded by pets life long; since day one really. I was raised in an environment of three cats and one dog; in specific, an abyssinian, an american shorthair (presumed), a maine coon (presumed) and a labrador retriever. At the current moment, however, I'm surrounded by one cat and one dog; in specific, an american shorthair and a beagle mix of some variation.

I am deeply interested in owning either a labrador retriever once having moved out on my own and being financially stable enough to afford such, or two to three rats of the same sex and providing them with a custom enclosure that will be hand built. I do not, admittedly, know all too much about rats, hence why I've joined here in the first place.

I've historically worked with horses for a number of years and, at one point or another, planned to become a full time veterinarian. However, upon realizing how many years would be spent to a textbook that would be ever changing, I realized that that lifestyle was something I couldn't commit to and decided to take up my second passion instead. I have some basic knowledge regarding medical treatment for animals, though given I have been surrounded by them life long. It is not advanced nor anything incredible, but enough to know when something is wrong or right with the animal's wellbeing.

linda2147

welcome to the forum. There are some here that can help with rodent questions but not me, I don't like rodents or reptiles.

CatMom1994

Welcome to the forum Lukas. I love dogs, but cannot commit myself to taking care of one. Every pet I ever had (four so far) was a cat. I realized at age 17, when I adopted my first kitten, I am more of a cat person anyway. Currently I am waiting for the pandemic to end before adopting my next feline daughter.

AnimalLovingIdiot13

Hey there.

My username is self explanatory, though please feel free to refer to me as either Michael or Lukas. I'm, admittedly, a self described semi-isolationist guy who enjoys nothing more than the company of his animals and pursuing the field of visual arts. I'm interested primarily in something to do with videography, however which career path I plan to flesh that out with is unclear. Currently I am torn between the plan of a pet food graphic designer, or an automotive (in specific Subaru or Volkswagen) marketing man of some sort.

I've been surrounded by pets life long; since day one really. I was raised in an environment of three cats and one dog; in specific, an abyssinian, an american shorthair (presumed), a maine coon (presumed) and a labrador retriever. At the current moment, however, I'm surrounded by one cat and one dog; in specific, an american shorthair and a beagle mix of some variation.

I am deeply interested in owning either a labrador retriever once having moved out on my own and being financially stable enough to afford such, or two to three rats of the same sex and providing them with a custom enclosure that will be hand built. I do not, admittedly, know all too much about rats, hence why I've joined here in the first place.

I've historically worked with horses for a number of years and, at one point or another, planned to become a full time veterinarian. However, upon realizing how many years would be spent to a textbook that would be ever changing, I realized that that lifestyle was something I couldn't commit to and decided to take up my second passion instead. I have some basic knowledge regarding medical treatment for animals, though given I have been surrounded by them life long. It is not advanced nor anything incredible, but enough to know when something is wrong or right with the animal's wellbeing.
Hey there! I'm fairly new as well. My neighbor/close friend has 2 very happy rats. I have learned a lot about them, so ask me some questions and I can answer some of them, while I'd need her help with others. I'd also love to have rats!

I have a lab at the moment. Get a coffee table higher than their tail if you get one. And can I suggest a lab mix from a shelter or a rescue lab of some sort?