Cat has a bump on her nipple

zoelse

Hi!
Last Tuesday, I found a bump on my cat’s nipple. She’s 12, and is spayed since she was very young. The bump is a sort of blueish black that hasn’t picked up very well on camera unfortunately, and is hard. She has an appointment with the vets tomorrow (earliest appointment we could get last tuesday, unfortunately), but i’m really worried and would appreciate any input you could give! We don’t think it’s a tick, as it seems to look like it’s completely attached to the nipple almost, or at least partly attached? It’s developed some black specs around it since we first noticed. She’s eating and drinking as normal and is her normal self, and really isn’t bothered by us touching it. Thanks so much for any help that you can give, it would be greatly appreciated! :)
DB110BE6-21D4-4AAB-A502-75BBA1A82BB0.jpeg

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I can't tell what it is, but you're doing the right thing taking her to the vet, that is what I would do for sure. Hope it's nothing too serious and she can get help. Please let us know what the doctor says. Welcome to the forum.

zoelse

Original Poster
I can't tell what it is, but you're doing the right thing taking her to the vet, that is what I would do for sure. Hope it's nothing too serious and she can get help. Please let us know what the doctor says. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you so much for your reply and the kind welcome, it’s much appreciated :) I’ll keep you updated!

Beautiful Beasties

I too and glad you're going to the vet with her. It could be so many things. A tumor from old age, an old abscess that has old blood in it, cancer (though it doesn't have that cancer look. Sounds weird but I've seen probably about 6 different cancer tumors in animals and never seen one look like this), could still be a tick as they can end up looking super weird after a little time attached. Keep us posted. Ty. And good luck!