Cat pees everywhere and I do not know why

jdott99

My cat will have a month or so without any accidents then out of nowhere have a solid week straight where she pees in various spots (mainly the couch and my bed) at least once a day. I have a waterproof cover for both so it is not like the smell stays there, she just goes back to there constantly.

I clean her litter regularly, I replace her water twice a day, she always has clean food, I give her a lot of attention, and she is not sick (had her checked out last time she as at a vet). I have no clue why one week she is fine, using the litter box only, and then the next week she pees everywhere but the litter box.

Any ideas/help as to what the problem may be and how to fix it is appreciated. I am at a loss here.

Saav

Author of The Cats of Stony River
Gosh. I don't know. We're not allowed to recommend things not vet-approved. We're not allowed to recommend home remedies ... BUT ... I will go out on a limb here. I had a cat that did that. My vet recommended I used a spray of apple cider vinegar on those surfaces and she never did that again. BUT -- please do NOT take my word on this and please speak to your vet before using this. Apple cider vinegar, if sprayed too much and the cat has to lick it off her paws, can cause upset tummies and excessive sneezing. Ask your vet if this may work BEFORE trying it. Please. Ask your vet BEFORE you try this.
Good luck.