Cat Stories!

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Please feel free to post any cat stories you have or find on this thread. :)

Here is a story about my old cat!

One day I walked to the crib and looked under, it was a cute sight that I saw, there Silky was sleeping under the crib.:love_heart: I did not want to wake her because she was a "sleeping beauty".:friendly_wink:

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Awww, that is cute.

I plan to write Wilbur's story on April 25, the day I met him and knew in my heart he was mine. It was like a romance movie. I just knew. Then I had to wait a long time to bring him home.

Last edited:

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
My Loki, when we brought him home as a small kitten, was welcomed by our older dog Hans. Loki was never around dogs, and Hans was never around a cat. For the first few days, we kept the kitten in the bathroom, with his soft carrier, litter box and water. I'd bring him in his wet food every day to eat in there, so he wasn't fearful of the dog. They sniffed each other under the door, and I knew my Hans would be gentle.

I bought the kitten a little collar with a bowtie on it, so cute. Every day I would bring the kitten out into the other rooms of the house to get used to everything. This picture is one of the first times I let him down on the floor in the kitchen with Hans. I put the chair there so he could easily jump up and onto the counter if he wanted to. They quickly trusted each other and became very close friends. :love_heart:

In the photo the rug is one of the three I kept in the kitchen because Hans was elderly and had arthritis, and in wet weather the floor would get very slippery in there, the rugs turned out to be enjoyed by Loki as scratchers, tightly woven and perfect for him.

cluckmecoop7

R.I.P Kiwi & Zinnie
Original Poster
Great story Alpha!:applause2: Awwwwww!! cute kitten.(and dog) How old was Hans in that pic??

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Her was around ten years old Yeti, CatMom no Loki doesn't make him look bigger, he was a big male.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Like this photo. Old and young, big and small, wavy and smooth, all conveyed in a mix of rich pewter tones- it's practically black and white. Hans seems to be looking at Loki and watching him with careful, fraternal concern.
Thanks DogForce, I originally gave this picture a caption of Mysterious New Visitor, I think Hans was trying to figure out, what the heck is this little thing? :p

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
LOL How long did it take them to become friends?
Very quickly after the first introduction, Loki was afraid the first time I held him and had them face to face, but after that it was a day or so before they were friends. Hans was very gentle and welcoming. Do you have any cat stories to add to this thread CatMom?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Cats at the Rainbow Bridge:

pic004.jpg
Emily (1994-2006)

IMG_3597.jpg
Wilbur (2002-2011)* and Patricia (1996-2016)

*Vets did not know how old Wilbur was; information card said 1997.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Your cats were beautiful CatMom.
They truly were. Everyone loved Emily's back nose. When Dad took me and my sister to shelters and pet stores, he realized his favorite color pattern is black and white tuxedos. He htought one of Emily's brothers was cuter because she had a URI that caused her eyes to looko red (the right one teared up), but we wanted a girl.