Cat won't stop biting at night?

jimjamflimflam1996

We've had our cat for about a year now, he's a year and 3 months old. Recently we have noticed a change in behavior when it's bed time.

Usually he will come to bed with us, curl up at my feet after a bit and go to sleep, then wakes up when we do in the morning. For the past few weeks he has been chasing me around the room when I try to get in bed, meowing loudly and biting me. Then follows me into bed and does the same thing, with a tugging motion. If I leave the bed and sit down in the living room or kitchen, he stops. At first we would just lock him out of the bedroom and let him in a few hours later, and he'd be calm and go to sleep, but the past week he is doing the biting and meowing all night, and only to me, not my fiance.

The only change in routine is that starting in May I started going back to the office three days of the week instead of one, and then after Memorial Day I've been back in the office full time. He doesn't have this reaction anywhere besides the bedroom when I'm on the bed. Not sure what exactly the problem is or how to prevent it?

TTouch

So you are not available to him as much as he has got used to with you back at work........... which means you need to change your behaviour and do some stalk, chase, catch and kill with a toy on a stick before bedtime...he is more likely then to settle

linda2147

he is punishing you for leaving him alone best thing you can do is get another cat for him. the two will keep each other amused while you are gone then he'll leave you alone at night. Get a female as you don't want him to start spraying as a dominance thing

CatMom1994

he is punishing you for leaving him alone best thing you can do is get another cat for him. the two will keep each other amused while you are gone then he'll leave you alone at night. Get a female as you don't want him to start spraying as a dominance thing
The sex does not make a difference with dominance. I had a male cat who was dominant over a female cat. Spraying is a territory issue.