Cats eyes always dilated

Sokami_x

Hello guys so I have a cat that is my neighbors that we let in our house because his owners don’t let him inside (even in the rain!) so he has kind of became ours. But I just realized that his pupils are always dilated, is this something to worry about? E5876E6A-6810-4E25-BB0B-CFFDCBBAB557.jpeg

TTouch

Constant dilation is commonly a sign of hypertension ( high blood pressure) but could also be an indication that they are blind, are experiencing chronic pain, or have another underlying health condition

CatMom1994

How bright are your lights? If you have five 60-watt LED bulbs in the same room, I would be concerned about possible blindness.

Sokami_x

Original Poster
How bright are your lights? If you have five 60-watt LED bulbs in the same room, I would be concerned about possible blindness.
The lighting in my house sucks actually, so not bright. What are symptoms of blindness in cats?

Sokami_x

Original Poster
Constant dilation is commonly a sign of hypertension ( high blood pressure) but could also be an indication that they are blind, are experiencing chronic pain, or have another underlying health condition
Oh ok. He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain.

CatMom1994

Cats don't always let people know they are in pain. Hiding a weakness is a feline instinct. That is why sick cats spend hours under beds.

Blind cats are afraid of being alone and make that clear when they figure out nobody is with them.

Sokami_x

Original Poster
Cats don't always let people know they are in pain. Hiding a weakness is a feline instinct. That is why sick cats spend hours under beds.

Blind cats are afraid of being alone and make that clear when they figure out nobody is with them.
Hm. I’m not sure. I don’t think he’s blind because he has played before with a mouse toy. He does come in from outside and meow a lot, I feed him but he keeps meowing. He could be in pain….