Challenge

Aimitertyso

There are things that bother us daily. What are your daily challenges that bothers you? I'm just curious on how you overcome said problems.

Fernlily

Not to be dramatic, but having autism can definitely be a bit tedious sometimes.

I just remind myself of all the positive aspects — I am me, after all.

MainerMikeBrown

The fact that I haven't been able to travel for over a year sort of bothers me on most days.

I haven't been able to travel during the Covid era due to safety issues.

I'm not trying to complain, because I have a good life. But still, I'd like to get away from Maine at some point.

I love Maine. But I like to travel out of state every so often.

CatMom1994

Not to be dramatic, but having autism can definitely be a bit tedious sometimes.

I just remind myself of all the positive aspects - I am me, after all.
You are on the autism spectrum? Me too! I am near the top end of it, but people notice my behavior and personality are not normal.

CatMom1994

My daily challenge is to not be bored.
Same here for now, along with trying to be left-handed. I broke my right arm two weeks ago. Luckily I avoided getting a plaster cast, but my wrist, which ironically is more painful than the bone, can't twist for using the mouse and eating utensils. I can't wait for my follow-up on April 28.

CatMom1994

Did someone here work with a counselor and have some positive experience?
I assume you are asking about talk therapy with a psychologist. They can be both good and bad. Sometimes I wonder what hey learned during 4 years of graduate school, like the time one told me, "Life is not fair." But some days I had very helpful sessions.