Changing my avatar

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
I can't figure out how to change my avatar to a picture that is not in My Documents or My Pictures. It is in Photos but not where I can upload or copy it. All I can do is change it to a picture of the wrong cat. Does anyone know what to do?

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
For me, up in the left hand corner, there is a little menu bar, tap on that, then tap on your username, then it should take you to your profile settings and you just tap on your avatar, then press “upload file”

I’m on mobile (iPhone), I don’t know what device you are on.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I am on a deskop computer.
Okay, click on your username in the upper right hand corner, then your account info should pop down, and press on your username in that, then it should take you to your profile, and then you can move your mouse over your avatar and there should be an "edit" option.

Hopefully that should work.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
That is not what I need help with. The problem is I can't upload a picture from where it is located on my computer.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
That is not what I need help with. The problem is I can't upload a picture from where it is located on my computer.
Hmm, what kind of desktop computer? I don’t know much about Lenovo’s and such, I like Mac (a lot simpler). In Mac it just pops up finder and you can go to photos and scroll through and find the picture you want then select it and press okay.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I have an iMac. People said before I started using it Macs are much better for photography, but that is not true for uploading and copying pictures in Photos. I can't do it there.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
It's simple on a Windows computer, but I have no experience using a Mac at all. CatMom, you've been having trouble uploading any photo for a long time now. Isn't there a help option for your computer where you can ask other Mac owners how to load photos? There has to be a way for you to research this, can't your mother help you?

Little Gold Snail sounds like she has experience with Macs and has some easy advice. Good luck!

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I will ask my mom to help me with the flash drive.

Good, you never want to use anything made by Apple. Windows all the way.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
I will ask my mom to help me with the flash drive.

Good, you never want to use anything made by Apple. Windows all the way.
Agree to disagree, I hate windows, can’t use it, I tried, lol. Mac is so much simpler (my opinion). It’s probably just a preference thing. I must say however, macs last longer. We’ve bought numerous Lenovo’s and they all have issues and break downs and freezes need repair way way more then any Mac I’ve ever had. We’ve had 15 year old used macs that have never had any repairs or anything and never froze, we just got rid of them purely cause they went out of date. Macs as a general run a lot smoother and last longer from my experience.

If you are on a Mac, then it should pop up in finder and you can scroll down and click on photos, then select the one you want and press okay.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I finally got another idea: play on words with her name. You know how at funerals everyone gives people flowers? Look to your left.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I know. Even without the coronavirus we would not want to get a cat immediately anyway. Mom is not the kind of cat person I am but called Daisy "a family member" and "a furry baby" today.