Christmas presents for cats

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Is anyone else shopping for the furry family members? I know Daisy needs a scratching post and different type of toy, so she will get something. When Emily was a kitten, my dad said she should get Chrismtas presents. He had a silly reason for it: She is CATholic (just a pun, not my family's religious beliefs). Years ago I bought a stockng for Wilbur that looks like an orange kitten's headwith a Santa hat and front paws peeking out. Daisy gets presents in it now.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
I might buy a new little plant to put in my fish tank. They can watch me open it for them.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
CatMom, there are many people who have aquariums that use artificial plants, they are easier to care for, you don't have to worry about them dying and decaying in the tank. When I had aquariums, all my plants in them were artificial. Some people who are more knowledgeable and devoted to their fish, and have the time to have live plants do use them and they look beautiful if well cared for.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I finally put up Daisy's stocking It definitely will be filled with a few things for her.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
It is anatomically impossible for a cat to open boxes and bags. She will watch me do it.

Yetidog37

Chicken crazy
Will she help a little?

When a baby opens a present the parents usually help. It's the same thing with a dog or cat. They don't understand like grown-ups do. Same for babies and pets.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I do what I can. Daisy does what she can. It is that simple.

Right now my focus is on deciding what to give her this year.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I am looking for a scratching pad. first. The seagrass ramps shed worse than corrugated cardboard does and tear apart in less than a year.No more seagrass for her. She is a horizontal scratcher.

Daisy loves Christmas ornaments. She plays with htem. I( want to look for a cat toy that she can play with the same way.

nicolebegay

good idea, i wonder what i could get for Ritchie :confused:

collar, goofy costumes, ginormous kitty condos I am still confused.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
LOL I know, so many options out.there.

Ritche is a cat, right? Cats don't need collars unless they regularly go outside (which is rarely a good idea). Many cats don't like wearing anything, so it is better to start with a sweater or t-shirt before considering a full costume.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
This is harder than it should be. I figured because I have almost $6 left on my Amazon gift card balance, it will not matter how long she plays with a toy under that amount. The price does not matter at Petsmart, but today it rained a lot so I had to stay home and see if anything is on Amazon.