Christmas

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
It is "the most wonderful time of the year" again. Do you have any holiday plans yet? Are house decorations up? What about your gift list and shopping?

Unfortunately I am behind. My fake tree is out of the garage, but not put together yet, so Daisy walks around its sections and sniffs the branches.

ivorycats.jpg

linda2147

My sisters and I get together Christmas Eve day at a steak house, have a nice lunch and do our gifts after we eat or sometimes before we eat. The family is to big to do everything in one day so Christmas Eve day is for the sisters and sister in laws and Christmas day for just our own family. I don't put up a tree because of the cats, but my shopping is all done and some is wrapped. Again hard to wrap with the cats, one like to take the tape, another tears paper and Sandy bites into boxes. I'm about ready to give up on wrapping and just put everything in Christmas bags.

Last edited:

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
LOL Emily loved boxes too. But the real problem with her was knocking ornaments off the lower branches.

Got our Christmas decorations up last night. A little late this year, usually it is up the 1st or 2nd of December. Just my family on Christmas. 🎄

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I agree, they should be up earlier. My tree is still horizontal but I will make sure it is vertical tomorrow.

What verse is the red text in your signature?

It's a sort of paraphrase of John 8:12 (Jesus talking) - I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Petique_inc

It is "the most wonderful time of the year" again. Do you have any holiday plans yet? Are house decorations up? What about your gift list and shopping?

Unfortunately I am behind. My fake tree is out of the garage, but not put together yet, so Daisy walks around its sections and sniffs the branches.

View attachment 9516
cat stroller.jpg I'm thinking of the best gift I should give to these two adorable fur babies :)

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Your furbabies are adorable! Do you give them gifts every year?

I know what to buy for Daisy. She loves catnip mice with feather tails. Unfortunately it did not take long for her to tear one mouse apart and now a mouse feather is gone because she pulled it out, so I have to buy a new set for her.

cluckmecoop7

Chicken Crazy!
At my local Tractor Supply, they have a chicken treat ball. Its sort of like a dog kong toy. The chicken has to peck it and roll it with its beak. What's Daisy getting for Christmas?

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
The tree is finally up now. Daisy sat on a branch before I had a chance to get any ornaments out of the box.

Unfortunately she tries to play with a wreath that she can reach from kitchen furniture and I find tiny pieces on the floor. Bad kitty.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I don't have all of the ornaments up yet and Daisy is already playing with some that are facing a window.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Our tree is up! This year my family put everyone’s names in a hat and whoever you draw, you’re getting a present for. It’s fun! Also very interesting (I got my dad, who is not easy to find a present for, lol).

Shadow is the kind of cat that I could just dedicate a day purely to cuddle her and it would be the bestest day of her life (she’s just that way). I try to make sure she gets plenty of cuddles every day, but she never has enough and is always following me around for more, she’s so cute. I’ve done it before, the next day she brought me two birds to show her appreciation, lol.

Last edited:

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
Buy her a stocking and fill it up with toys.

Unforttunately Daisy has been knocking off figurines from the nativity scene. Thank God the living room has carpet.

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
She doesn’t really have much need of toys (she always prefers rocks and chicken feathers over store bought toy, weird cat), so I think I am going to get her a collection of treats. She loves Sheba portions and the lovesome treat sticks. I think she needs some catnip to. We used to have a catnip plant and she would follow me out in the garden and play with the clippings. She looked drunk😂.

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
LOL I don't know about looking drunk, but Daisy goes nuts over catnip toys. She tore one mouse apart and has only two in the set, which is why I wanted to get her the same mice. If only they were eligible for Prime shipping on Amazon.

linda2147

get her a throw pillow with a big cat face on it that meows when squeezed. Watch the fun then/ mu bemga; wemt crazu wjem je jeart tjat

CatMom1994

Rest in peace Daisy
Original Poster
I am totally stumped now. With only one week left I still have no idea what to buy my BIL in Mississippi, who will come down here after Christmas. It looks like Chewy does not sell gift cards and they live in the middle of nowhere.