CLEVER PET - Dog Game Console That Feeds and Occupies When Alone - Would You Use It?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
This isn't on the market yet, but close to it. It's called the Clever Pet. It's an interactive feeding game console for pets who have to be left home alone. When they press the pad, they get a food treat. It is WIFI connected, and the challenges of the game can be adjusted by the owner. The owner can also set it up so that the dog hears their voice.

Seems like a great idea for pets who are home alone while you're at work, and have separation anxiety. I always think about safety issues, and my only concern would be the tongue getting caught in the machine as the pet treat cup moves...but that may not be a problem, depending on the design.

What do you think?? Would you ever use something like this for your dog? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1453211280/cleverpet-a-console-that-teaches-and-feeds-your-do?ref=discovery

:balldrop:

haopee

BACON of Light
And what if a dog decides to bite the entire contraption for the treat? It's adorable. I'm not sure if it's better for the treat to appear with a sliding cup or having it dropped from an opening... Just considering what Alpha mentioned about getting a tongue stuck.

LOL. The founder is... hahaha... good-looking. :redface-new:

Great share, Alpha. Shared it to others. There's nothing better than an invention made by dog lovers for dogs.

LPC

And what if a dog decides to bite the entire contraption for the treat? It's adorable. I'm not sure if it's better for the treat to appear with a sliding cup or having it dropped from an opening... Just considering what Alpha mentioned about getting a tongue stuck.

LOL. The founder is... hahaha... good-looking. :redface-new:

Great share, Alpha. Shared it to others. There's nothing better than an invention made by dog lovers for dogs.
I agree about the risk of the tongue getting caught, although the basic idea seems good. The number of treats would need limiting, to avoid possible obesity.

As for the founder, he is just an ordinary young man - but I would say that, being male! But his young female companions would have interested me maybe forty years ago. I think I would have been sniffing round his factory like a hound dog! :):playful:

haopee

BACON of Light
I agree Haopee, and you know that that will help sell some units! :p
Agreed. Nothing beats an amazing product more than an amazing product plus an amazing founder... Although, I'm not sure Steve Jobs fit that same profile.

I agree about the risk of the tongue getting caught, although the basic idea seems good. The number of treats would need limiting, to avoid possible obesity.

As for the founder, he is just an ordinary young man - but I would say that, being male! But his young female companions would have interested me maybe forty years ago. I think I would have been sniffing round his factory like a hound dog! :):playful:
I keep wondering if some of the tricks involve asking dogs to press a certain color. Don't they have a limited color spectrum?

LPC, you're back! Really? You're a guy? Don't hear that so often... Ordinary young men gets sexier if they're passionate with their jobs and their jobs involve dogs.:friendly_wink: I just love dog lovers.

How have you been?

LPC

I'm fine now, thanks. Had a bad bout of suddenly raised blood pressure, but all is back to normal without medication. So yes, I'm back - and thank you!

Last edited:

haopee

BACON of Light
I'm fine now, thanks. Had a bad bout of suddenly raised blood pressure, but all is back to normal without medication. So yes, I'm back - and thank you!
Bad blood! :eek-new: Well, I'm just glad you're okay. More reason for you to take the dog out for a jog... Walking is so last year!

Were you given maintenance for it? My brother-in-law is overweight, but he's as healthy as an ox, albeit the rapid rising of his blood pressure once in awhile.

Glad you're back.

P.S. Aren't the French people health buffs?

LPC

I'm not French, but British, and am just a resident in France (for the last 10 years or so). I was too keen on soya products, but since stopping my blood pressure went back to normal. This is fairly rare, but can happen in a few people. I've never been overweight! Thanks for your concern.

haopee

BACON of Light
I'm not French, but British, and am just a resident in France (for the last 10 years or so). I was too keen on soya products, but since stopping my blood pressure went back to normal. This is fairly rare, but can happen in a few people. I've never been overweight! Thanks for your concern.
:eek-new:

Well, glad you're back. We need more dog people! Alpha is an all-around girl and GF isn't online much because of the Dizzy's luxating patella. Happyflowerlady is doing most of the rounds. The rest are reptile. rodent, horses, and avian people

Just don't forget to check your blood pressure. That's what I always tell my BIL.