Computer software upgrade

CatMom1994

Apple has been giving me reminders to upgrade my operating system. Unfortunately I somehow was locked out of my administration account and I need my password to finish the process. Which password? The one I use to wake it up every day does not work. I tried what I thought my password is, but that did not work either. I went to the window where I can change my computer password. To do it I need to type the old password first. This is one reason I hate Apple operating systems. Password retrieval is only required if you unplug a Windows computer, no t ti upgrade it. I am worried about being locked out completely if I can't guess it correctly.

mechi2

Oops, forgot, linux requires a password for installing software, I keep it written down in a notebook.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
And this is exactly the reason I don't use passwords for my computer or tablet
The password is required because it is part of Apple's security system to prevent computers from getting hacked.

Do you do Apple or Microsoft?

mechi2

I mostly use Windows, sometimes I use Linux and my tablet is Android. Don't you write your passwords down somewhere? I keep all my passwords in a paper notebook because I can never remember them and I don't save passwords on the computer.

Rosemarie

How do you manage your passwords for everything else, e-mail, etc? I also have a little note-book in which I write down all of mine. I use so many sites and each one needs a password, I couldn't possibly remember them all.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
I did not have a password book yet when I got my computer and could only write it on a sticky note. My mom wrote a password in her book that I thought was the one I badly need right now, but it turned out to be the one I use to wake up my computer every day (which I never forget).

I always make sure "Remember Me" is checked wherever the checkbox is available. Firefox automatically gives me the option to save it whenever I register a website account. The computer wake up password is impossible to forget because I use it every day. Now I do have a password book but I almost never need it.

mechi2

Hey I feel your frustration, I write down new passwords on a piece of paper before I add them to my notebook and I end up looking through a bunch of scrap paper trying to remember where I wrote them down. Important passwords however I make sure I know where they are.

CatMom1994

Original Poster
I honestly had no idea what the computer password is for because I never needed to use the one I had on my Windows computers.

Ghost Comanche

If any of you would like to store your passwords on your computer securely, take a look at these:

Last Pass: https://www.lastpass.com

BitWarden Web Vault: https://bitwarden.com

I use both on my computer. They are both very easy to set up and use. They are both free. (Last Pass will start with a 30 day free trial of their premium service, and after the 30 days if you don't want to pay for the premium service, you can still use the "basic" package for free.)

Storing your passwords with one of these programs is much easier and safer than trying to keep up with a notebook, or a piece of paper you might be using.....

CatMom1994

Original Poster
I have no problem with saving website passwords. It is just this computer administrator password I can't save because it is offline.

jimmiles

A dedicated software development company provides web development services to organizations and businesses. Their services include high quality web development mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-build-a-social-network-website-from-scratch using cutting-edge technologies and innovative approaches, such as object-oriented software (ORPG) and middleware. These services also include offshore software development, custom software development, and software integration. All of these add value to organizations by improving the business processes and reducing costs. Generally, developers in a dedicated software development company have several teams working in tandem for the same project. Each team has a different responsibility. Some programmers are responsible for writing code, some are responsible for modeling, some are responsible for integration, and some are responsible for testing. They each have a specific team specialized in the area of service that they are handling. When hiring a dedicated software development team, it is important that you consider their experience, their reputation in the industry, and what they can offer you. It is wise to hire an established and successful team over a start-up one because they have more expertise and more time to devote to your project. You must ensure that the team you hire can handle all aspects of the project. The developers and the managers must be able to solve problems, make deadlines, and give accurate and timely solutions. A successful team will also be able to integrate the latest technology into your website or product. A dedicated software development company uses cost-efficient techniques for outsourcing development projects. One technique they use is the two-way contract model. This model is more cost-effective than the direct hire model because it has no upfront fees. In the cost-effective two-way model, when the project starts, the company agrees to support and maintain the project for the designated period of time and at the designated price.