Covid and your pets!

LittleGoldSnail

Crazy fish lady
Well, I’m homeschooled and my parents mostly do stuff at home, so not a lot has changed because of covid.

However, I grew up in Oregon my whole life. We used to live on a large piece of property. There were lots of trees, ferns, Oregon grapes, Cool mushrooms, dense brush and red dirt. It’s very wet in Oregon. There are lots of slugs, snails, frogs salamanders etc. All of which was a big part of my growing up.

This summer, however, we just picked up and moved to Idaho. It’s a whole new state, it’s very dry here (it’s largely desert with just rolling hills of sagebrush). We went from owning 17 acres of property on a mountain, to renting 1/3 of an acre in town, I have no friends, and has just been very difficult to cope with.

My pets (two cats an a couple aquariums) really help bring me joy. I don’t know what I would have done without them.

CatMom1994

COVID-19 prevented me from watching a vet euthanize my dying cat at home. Instead, for safety reasons, the last time I saw her she was looking at the veterinary hospital building from a cat carrier. When she died, I was sitting in the car. That is exactly what I had always wanted to avoid for a cat who was so traumatized by veterinary appointments sometimes she peed in the carrier and hid under a bed for hours after coming home. So I can only say the pandemic caused irreversible grief. There was nothing I could have done. It was her time to go.

Now I have to wait until the pandemic is over to adopt a new cat. As long as wearing a mask is required, I will not have any cats.

Aimitertyso

Original Poster
Atleats they had helped, I wish they continue too Keep safe and keep taking good care of them.

CatMom1994

That link is only for people who are suffering COVID-19 symptoms. What I need is a way to cope with not having a cat because of the pandemic. I definitely could not have lost her at a worse time.