Cytopoint: skin reaction, negative effects.

BreeC3

Just had our pitbull Divas second cytopoint on Saturday 8/31/2019.... shes had pretty severe allergies for most of her life (she's 5) and her symptoms have been exasperated and unbearable since we PCS to Virginia in August 2018 .
A couple weeks ago I noticed a black blood filled scab and after vigorously searching through Google this evening it appears to be a blood blister ? (mind you I'm not a veterinarian professional nor licenced - just a worried dog Mom searching for answers)
since her second shot I notice a second blood blister ( which apparently have the potential to be signs of cancer!?) has appeared on her chest close to the first one along with a skin tag on between her leg and belly... The skin tag wasnt there previously and she has NEVER had either one of these skin abnormalities appear prior to these shots ... I'm very concerned .

I've been reading through cytopoint forums and horror stories regarding the medications autoimmune effects. I am terrified and overcome with guilt as I cannot help but worry and wonder if the cytopoint is the cause for these skin abnormalities and wonder what is happening at her cellular level for these to form.. and how foolish and selfish I am for not researching this product thoroughly - Instead I was too focused on a quick fix and a solution to the "inconvenience" of giving her Benadryl and mini baths - but the thought of voluntarily poisoning my dog with this medication is killing me.
I need to know if anyone else has seen or heard of any strange skin reactions from cytopoint shot? Diva is my husband and I child, she literally brings so much light into our life and I don't know what I would do if anything happened to my best friend.
Sitting here in tears with a pit in my stomach - any feedback will help. thank you

linda2147

This shot should be taken off the market. If you read more post on this killer drug you will find that no good comes from using it. Way back when it first came out I warned people about using a "new" drug until it had been tested and retested on numerous dogs, not just one test conducted by the company. But what's done is done, some dogs do get better after a while and survive the shot, I hope your dog is one of them. If you read other posts on this subject you'll get more bad reviews than good. But there are some survivors so don't loose hope. Not ever dog that takes it has a bad reaction but enough do that I would never give the shot to my dog. I'm going to assume your dog is white? White dogs are more prone to allergies than other colors. It happens with other colors but its mostly the white dogs. In the meantime there are some things you can do. Get some unscented baby wipes and wipe her feet, belly and face when she comes in from outside to get as much of the irritant off her as possible. Do Not use anything scented around her, no room sprays, scented candles ect and use unscented laundry soap. You can also get some liquid colloidial silver, mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle and spray her body several times a day. Silver kills all bacteria and fungus so if you go with the silver you must give her a probiotic daily as the silver will kill the good bacteria in her gut which she needs as a dog's health and immunity originates in the gut. I sincerely hope your dog gets better. Don't be surprised when the company and vets claim her problem has nothing to do with the shot but don't take any more chances, No more shots for her

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Welcome to the forum Bree.

Everyone has those times when they should have known better and feel like idiots in hindsight. That is natural as a pet mom who only wants to do hte best for her furkid. Be mad at the people who did not give you warnings, not yourself, because it was a "how was I supposed to know?" error. Often people have no way of knowing to think about things like, in this case, the FDA approving a drug that was only tested once on a few breeds for less than a year by the manufracturer. In human medicine, that does not happen.