Daisy health reports

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Good news/bad news.

Mom put the third dose in her food this morning. Daisy finished her breakfast. However, Daisy tried to vomit for a few seconds in the afternoon so even though she is supposed to take it only once a day, I stirred in the last dose. Is that overdosing her? The vet told me there are no side effects.

On second thought, she could have been coughing. But why would it be that if she does not have a respiratory infection?

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Regular flavored food is not going to mask the taste of the pill. That's why you need to add something like Sardine oil, diced liver, or whatever you think of that may work.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Unforrtunately Mom ordered 4 more pills after I told her to wait for me to see if Daisy eats the last quarter pill. I very clearly explained I have to see Daisy ate the last quarter pill because she refused to eat half of it. Mom was dead set on ordering more anyway based on one lucky dose. So I am not a happy cat mom right now. End of rant.

mechi2

Listen to your Mom, if you were able to get Daisy to eat one, you'll get her to eat another.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Listen to your Mom, if you were able to get Daisy to eat one, you'll get her to eat another.
Daisy did not eat the fourth dose. In four tries she ate it only once. I would not have spent $35 without knowing she will eat all 16 doses.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Daisy did not eat the fourth dose. In four tries she ate it only once. I would not have spent $35 without knowing she will eat all 16 doses.
I've never had to use on of these, but it's an option to get her to take her pills if they're not available in liquid form.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I had one of those. Mom decided because we never used it, we should not keep it. I would have kept the pill shooter.

Needless to say I wish she would give me more control over Daisy's health care, even though I can't schedule appointments and buy stuff.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
There is a little bit yellow stuff on my carpet today. I don't know when she threw up.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
That's too bad, your mother should have kept it. Daisy threw up yellow in the past too, as I recall. :( Did you ever ask the vet if that medicine is available in liquid form, instead of a pill? That would help a lot. Obviously Daisy needs medication for her vomiting.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
I have not talked to him on the phone. Too late now; the pills have been ordered.

Daisy's vomit is always yellow.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Would it have been better if the vet did not tell me Daisy has only six months left? I can't help but think her last day could be sometime before the first week of September.. OTOH I would have asked him the "How long" question no matter what her results were.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I think it's good for them to tell people how long they think the pet has to live. It's useful to consider that as long as you know they have no crystal ball that sees into the future. There are plenty of people too whose doctors told them they had six months to live, then years later they are still enjoying life.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Daisy threw up a little white foam, but no yellow stuff. That is weird.

I told Mom about it. She called the office to pay for them over the phone and have someone bring the bottle out to her car.

Last edited:

mechi2

Wrong about what, Daisy's lifespan or the pills? No one knows for sure how long anything living has left to live so if that's what is worrying I would just try to think of the here and now instead of thinking what's ahead. Just think, a couple of months ago who would ever imagine the entire globe would be in lock down, it's like we're in some sci-fi movie and who knows what the next few weeks or months will be like.

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
Original Poster
Her lifespan. Assuming the lockdown will be lifted in time, we will take a guided bus tour vacation to Glacier, Banff, and Jasper National Parks and Calgary in July. If it is true that Daisy will not make it to through the summer that is a good reason to panic. Mom will not cancel it unless the travel company does.